All the flavors of jalapeño poppers made into a tasty and easy to make Keto casserole! This is one very flavorful and satisfying Low Carb casserole that will quickly become a favorite!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
One thing I love about casseroles is how easy they are to put together and make! This low carb chicken casserole is no exception and to make things even easier, you can use rotisserie chicken.
I also added cauliflower rice to the casserole to make it a complete meal, filling and hearty! But let me tell you, the flavors in this casserole are fantastic!
I use all the classic ingredients of jalapeño poppers, including bacon! I even add a little bacon grease which gives it great flavor and adds more healthy fats.
If you love jalapeño poppers, you might also try these Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers, Jalapeño Popper Egg Salad, Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup and my personal favorite Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese!
What’s in Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole?
- Cauliflower rice
- Uncured bacon
- Cream cheese
- Jalapeño peppers
- Cheddar cheese
- Heavy cream
- Chicken stock
- Bacon grease
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Optional: sour cream
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
Preheat oven to 375F.
Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then chop the bacon into small pieces. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease and some of the bacon (for the topping).
In the same bowl, add in the shredded chicken, chopped bacon, jalapeño peppers, cauliflower rice and about half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
Add the remaining cheddar over the top and bake 40-45 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Optional: Top with the reserved bacon, slices of jalapeño peppers, sour cream and fresh chopped parsley, then serve.
Leftovers are even better the nest day! Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
Tips for Making the Best Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- The chicken that I used was cooked chicken breast that I shredded. You can use any part of the chicken that you like and to save time, you can even use store bought rotisserie chicken. Just be sure you buy organic, if possible, without antibiotics or hormones.
- Cauliflower rice is best to use, but if you prefer larger chunks, you use them instead. I used fresh cauliflower and it cooked perfectly in the 40 minutes that mine took to bake.
- If you want to use frozen cauliflower, I would definitely thaw it out and squeeze out the moisture first, but note that the texture might be softer, since it’s pre-cooked.
- I used uncured bacon, fried and chopped into small pieces. I reserved a small amount to crumble over the top as a garnish, but this step is optional. A tablespoon of the bacon grease went into the mix because it really adds a nice bit of flavor.
- Leftover Jalapeno Popper Keto Chicken Casserole freezes well. Use an air tight freezer safe container and store in the freezer up to a few months.
Substitutions for Jalapeno Keto Chicken Casserole
- If you don’t have fresh jalapenos, you can certainly use the jarred kind instead but I think you will have better flavor using the fresh.
- I used 3 large fresh jalapeño peppers, that I seeded and removed the ribs from, then chopped. This amounted to just over ½ cup once I chopped them up. If you prefer more heat, you can either leave the seeds and ribs in or use 4 large peppers instead.
- I used sharp cheddar cheese in this casserole, that I shredded myself. If you don’t have time to shred it yourself or already have pre-shredded on hand, by all means use what you have.
- If you prefer Colby, Monterey Jack or even Pepper Jack you can use that instead or even a combination of these cheeses would work perfectly.
- Cream cheese is pretty essential for jalapeño poppers, so that’s what I used in this recipe. If you prefer milder flavored mascarpone cheese, you can use it instead, and even save on some of the carbs.
More Keto Chicken Casseroles
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken and Broccoli
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
More Keto and Low Carb Jalapeño Recipes
- Jalapeño Cheddar “Cornbread”
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Jalapeño Popper Egg Salad
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 4 cups cauliflower riced
- 12 ounces uncured bacon cooked, crumbled
- 8 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 large (or 4 small) jalapeño peppers chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Optional: sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then chop the bacon into small pieces. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease and some of the bacon (for the topping).
- In the same bowl, add in the shredded chicken, chopped bacon, jalapeño peppers, cauliflower rice and about half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the remaining cheddar over the top and bake 40-45 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Optional: Top with the reserved bacon, slices of jalapeño peppers, sour cream and fresh chopped parsley, then serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.