Juicy jumbo shrimp cooked in a creamy Cajun Alfredo sauce served over Palmini linguine. This easy Keto weeknight dinner only takes 15 minutes to make and will quickly become a family favorite!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This creamy cajun low carb shrimp recipe is absolutely delicious! The shrimp are sautéed in butter and Cajun Seasoning and a wonderfully creamy Alfredo sauce.
It’s served over Palmini noodles, which is a great Keto pasta alternative that’s low in carbs and has great texture! You can also serve it over zucchini noodles, shirataki or spaghetti squash if you’d like.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy, this low carb Creamy Cajun Shrimp recipe is sure to please.
Ingredients for Creamy Cajun Keto Shrimp
- Jumbo shrimp
- Palmini noodles
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
How to Make Creamy Cajun Shrimp
Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and half the butter and heat until melted.
Next, in goes the shrimp. Sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun Seasoning and allow them to cook for 3 minutes.
Flip them over and sprinkle with another teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning. Allow the shrimp to sauté for 2-3 more minutes, or until the they have turned pink and begin to firm up. The shrimp will cook quickly, so be careful not to over cook them.
When finished cooking, remove the shrimp and set them aside.
Add the rest of the butter to the skillet and once melted, add the minced garlic. Sauté for about 20 seconds, careful not to burn it!
Stir in the Cajun Seasoning, salt, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
You’ll want to cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened so that it will coat the shrimp really well.
Rinse the Palmini under cold water for a couple minutes. After they’ve drained, add them along with the shrimp back to the skillet and cook for another minute or until everything is heated through.
Serve this delectable Keto shrimp with grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley over the top.
If you’d like a little extra heat and flavor, you can also add an additional sprinkling of the Cajun Seasoning on top.
If you would like another creamy sauce that is a little milder, but that is still high in healthy fat but low carb, try this Easy Alfredo Sauce.
Tips on Making the Best Keto Creamy Cajun Shrimp
- The first tip to making the perfect low carb shrimp recipe is selecting high quality shrimp. You need to look for local, wild-caught shrimp. Try to avoid farmed shrimp because most likely they been treated with chemicals, antibiotics or pesticides.
- To ensure you get a really fresh, pronounced flavor, grate your Parmesan cheese right before using it. You just can’t get that from pre-grated cheese.
- If your sauce is a little thin, just add more cheese and allow to cook a little longer. The sauce will thicken as it cooks.
- If you don’t have Parmesan cheese on hand, you can substitute with Asiago or Romano cheese and it will be equally as delicious.
- In case you have leftovers, place them in a freezer safe bag, let all the extra air out the bag and zip it closed, making sure the shrimp are covered with sauce. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is Shrimp Keto Friendly?
Definitely! It’s a great source of protein, and is high in Vitamin B12, Selenium, Iron and Iodine. Read more about the health benefits of shrimp in this article!
How Many Carbs in Shrimp?
There is a trace amount of carbs, so few that they have no impact in the servings in this recipe!
Is Palmini Pasta Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! Palmini is harvested from the heart of palm trees. And because it is made from a low carb vegetable and does not contain ANY grains, like traditional pasta, Palmini makes the perfect noodle substitution.
Not only is Palmini low in carbs, it is rich in fiber, vitamins B2, B6, and C. It also contains zinc, potassium, riboflavin, magnesium and iron. Who could ask for more?
What Does Palmini Pasta Taste Like?
When you first open the can, you’ll notice a mild scent to the Palmini. After rinsing it well under cold water, the flavor becomes very mild. It stands up better in rich sauces, such as this Cajun sauce or a zesty marinara than in a mild butter reduction.
More Keto and Low Carb Dinner recipes:
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Best Instant Pot Roast
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
More Healthy Shrimp Recipes:
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Keto Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Rice
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Keto Fried Shrimp
Creamy Cajun Shrimp – Keto/Low Carb/Gluten-Free