Few flavor combinations pack a punch like homemade Cajun seasoning! Add a spicy kick to your favorite dishes with this savory seasoning blend!
I love to make my own seasonings, whenever possible. That way I get to adjust the combination of flavors to my liking without any fillers or hidden ingredients like you find in store bought seasonings.
This cajun seasoning has a wonderful balance of flavors and just the right amount of heat from the cayenne pepper. And the great thing about making seasonings yourself, is you can add more or less of any of the ingredients to suit your tastes.
Use this spicy Keto seasoning mix on chicken, beef, pork or try it in this delectable Creamy Cajun Shrimp recipe.
You can also use it in this Cajun Salmon Alfredo! It adds so much flavor!
You can add this gluten free seasoning to any of your spicy Cajun recipes and never have to worry about added sugar or other ingredients that aren't recommended for Keto or low carb diets.
What's in Homemade Cajun Seasoning
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Homemade Cajun Seasoning
This gluten free seasoning is so versatile. It can be used on any protein- chicken, beef, fish, pork, shrimp or chicken, even eggs!
Tips for Storing Seasonings
- Store spices and seasonings in an airtight container like these. Exposure to air can cause spices to lose their flavor quickly.
- Either label with the date you made your seasonings or you can keep a log of when you made them. This ensures you always have fresh and flavorful spices on hand.
- Keep your seasonings in a dark place like a pantry or kitchen cabinet. Just like exposure to air, direct sunlight will also effect the longevity of their flavor.
- Heat will also cause seasonings to lose their flavor quickly. It's best to keep them in a cabinet or pantry away from any heat source like your stove or dishwasher.
- Don't store your spices in the freezer. Spices and seasonings don't hold up well when exposed to moisture.
- For optimal freshness, homemade seasoning blends should be used within a year.
Other Ways to Use Cajun Seasoning
- Mix homemade Cajun seasoning with cream cheese and sour cream for a zesty dip. Enjoy with celery or any vegetable you choose or you can even eat it with pork rinds.
- Use this homemade spice recipe in marinades for meat.
- Brush zucchini or other vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning before pan searing or grilling.
- Sprinkle it over pecans and almonds or any of your favorite nuts prior to roasting them in the oven. This really gives them an incredible flavor.
- Add Cajun seasoning with a little grass-fed butter to cauliflower rice for a nice spicy flavor.
- If you like a little spice, add a couple dashes of Cajun seasoning to bone broth to give it a little extra kick.
Is Cajun Seasoning Keto?
This homemade Cajun seasoning is perfectly fine for Keto or low carb diets. Store bought Cajun seasonings typically have sugar or maltodextrin as a listed ingredient and should be avoided.
More Keto and Low Carb Seasonings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Mix all the ingredients together and it's ready to use!
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature. Use on most any protein- chicken, beef, fish, pork, shrimp or chicken.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.