Dress up your next salad with this easy to make, 2 minute, rich and creamy, sugar-free balsamic dressing that has the most amazing flavor!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
I've always loved balsamic vinegar. But, store-bought balsamic dressings are loaded with sugar and just can't compare in flavor with homemade.
If you've started Keto, and you're missing the flavors of balsamic salad dressing, but don't really want the carbs that come from the added sugars, you need to try this amazing homemade Keto balsamic dressing recipe.
It uses equal parts balsamic and white wine vinegar in this dressing. It still has that classic balsamic dressing flavor, but with much fewer carbs! And by using an Immersion Blender to emulsify it, you get that perfect creamy texture!
If you don't have an immersion (stick) blender, you can use a bullet blender or traditional blender instead. Making your own low carb salad dressing is so easy and the best part is you control the ingredients used, preventing added sugars and preservatives!
What's in Creamy Sugar-Free Balsamic Dressing
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Heavy cream
- Garlic clove
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Swerve confectioners
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Creamy Balsamic Dressing
Add all the ingredients to a tall cup, ideally the one that is included with an immersion blender.
Mix for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened and well combined.
The dressing will thicken as it sits. The consistency is just perfect; however, if you'd like it even thicker, you can add ⅛ teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Serve this tangy and delicious Keto salad dressing over a bed of your favorite salad greens.
If you like a little sweetness in your dressing, you can add in the Swerve confectioners. I added ¼ teaspoon and it added the perfect amount of sweetness, without being too sweet.
How Do I Store Creamy Balsamic Dressing?
The creamy part of this salad dressing comes from, in part, the heavy cream. Because dairy should be kept in the chilled, you'll want to store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge. After it has chilled, it may partially solidify. When you're ready to serve it, just give it a good shake and the ingredients will come back together.
Other Ways to Use Sugar Free Balsamic Salad Dressing
If you're anything like me, you love to make multi-purpose recipes. If so, boy, will you love this one! Check out some ways to use homemade creamy balsamic dressing other than salads.
- Drizzle a hearty portion of Keto Creamy Balsamic Dressing over grilled veggies for amazing seasoning!
- Use this low carb salad dressing over grilled or baked chicken or pork. Brush a little over the top of your meat and you'll be so surprised how good the combination of savory flavors are.
- Love lettuce wraps? Next time you make an Italian meat or cold cut lettuce wrap, use some of this Sugar Free Balsamic Salad Dressing as a condiment. It's an awesome nod to oil and vinegar often used in lettuce wraps.
- Serve it along side this Italian Antipasti Platter. Guests can drizzle some over the meat and cheese for an added touch.
Is Balsamic Vinegar Keto?
First, you may wonder, " What exactly is Balsamic Vinegar?" Balsamic vinegar is a dark, thick, syrupy concentrated vinegar. It is made from made from a reduction of grapes and aged for years in wooden barrels. Originating in Italy, the mouth- watering complex flavors make a delicious salad dressing or marinade.
Balsamic vinegar contains sugar, even though it's all natural sugar from the fruit, it can cause the carbs to be too high for Keto or low carb diets. It's for this reason, I cut the balsamic with 1:1 parts white wine vinegar. With this substitution, you can enjoy Balsamic Salad dressing on Keto without guilt. This recipe only has 2 net carbs per serving. That's comparable to most all low carb salad dressings.
Need a quick and easy Keto side dish? Slice cherry tomatoes in half, add sliced cucumbers with a little red onion drizzled with this Keto salad dressing for a super quick Keto salad that goes well with most any dish you serve it with.
More Keto Salad Dressings
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch
- Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic
- Thousand Island
- Chipotle Ranch
- Creamy Garlic Italian
- Classic Ranch
- Blue Cheese
Keto Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a tall cup, ideally the one that is included with an immersion blender. Mix for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened and well combined.
- Serve over a salad or use to make Zucchini Noodle "Pasta" Salad. The dressing will thicken as it sits and if you'd like it even thicker, you can add ⅛ teaspoon of Xanthan Gum. I don't think it needs it at all, I feel the consistency is just perfect!Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for 5-7 days.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.