This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Dress up your next salad with this 2 minute creamy balsamic dressing that has great flavor and is super easy to make!
I’ve always loved balsamic vinegar and have been making my own dressings for many years. Since I started Keto, I have cut way down on using it and have leaned more towards apple cider or white wine vinegars in my Keto friendly dressings. But I really found I missed that amazing flavor that you can only get from balsamic vinegar.
So to cut down on carbs a little, I use equal parts balsamic and white wine vinegar in this dressing. It still has that classic balsamic dressing flavor, but with much less carbs! I also used my Immersion Blender to emulsify this dressing, and it works perfectly! if you don’t have an immersion (stick) blender, you can use a bullet blender or traditional blender instead. Making your own Low Carb salad dressing is so easy and is not loaded with preservatives!
How to Make Low Carb Creamy Balsamic Dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 small clove garlic, grated
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Swerve confectioners
Add all the ingredients to a tall cup, ideally the one that is included with an immersion blender.
Mix for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened and well combined.
The dressing will thicken as it sits and if you’d like it even thicker, you can add 1/8 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum. I don’t think it needs it at all, I feel the consistency is just perfect!
Serve over a salad.
Note: If you like a little sweetness in your dressing, you can add in the Swerve confectioners. I added 1/4 teaspoon and it added the perfect amount of sweetness, without being too sweet.
Or use to make Zucchini Noodle “Pasta” Salad.
More Keto and Low Carb Dressings…
Creamy Balsamic Dressing - Keto and Low Carb
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 small clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Swerve Confectioners Optional
- Add all the ingredients to a tall cup, ideally the one that is included with an immersion blender. Mix for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened and well combined.
- Serve over a salad or use to make Zucchini Noodle "Pasta" SaladThe dressing will thicken as it sits and if you'd like it even thicker, you can add 1/8 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum. I don't think it needs it at all, I feel the consistency is just perfect!