These delicious and nutritious Oven Roasted Vegetables are the ultimate way to prepare a colorful, and super flavorful array of vegetables. They're perfectly seasoned, then roasted all in one pan for an easy side dish.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love these Easy Roasted Vegetables
- Colorful variety of tender veggies
- Roasted with flavorful herbs and spices
- Super easy to make with minimal prep work
- Perfect as a healthy side dish or add them to a salad
- Family friendly
This recipe for easy and delicious sheet pan veggies will change the way you look at simple side dishes. A wonderful medley of squash, onions, peppers, and mushrooms is drizzled with olive oil and seasoned to absolute perfection. They're roasted until they begin to brown on the outside and become tender and juicy on the inside.
Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, incredibly scrumptious, and super nutritious, but it’s also very versatile. You can serve these oven-roasted vegetables as a low-carb, healthy side dish, add them to your favorite salad or roast them with a protein like shrimp or chicken for a complete meal in one.
When you see how easy it is to roast these veggies in the oven, you may never want to cook them any other way. If you love the convenience of sheet pan cooking, check out this recipe for Sheet Pan Sausage with Veggies and this Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas recipe.
🛒 What’s in Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Yellow squash
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Dried thyme
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Oven Roasted Vegetables
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Pour the veggies into a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil over the tops. Sprinkle the smoked paprika, thyme, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper over the top.
Toss until well combined.
Pour onto a baking sheet that’s been brushed with olive oil and spread in an even layer.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
How to Roast Vegetables Like a Pro
- Cut vegetables into similar-sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly.
- To prevent soggy vegetables, make sure that after they have been washed that you dry them off completely with paper towels. Moisture is not a friend of roasting.
- Roast vegetables on high heat for best results. This helps them cook quickly and create a crispy exterior. Just be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Don't overcrowd the pan. Adding too much to the pan can cause the vegetables to steam instead of roast, which can result in a soggy texture.
- To make clean up a cinch, use parchment paper or a non-stick pan.
- Don’t be afraid to season them. Roasting intensifies flavors so just make sure to use herbs and spices you really enjoy.
- Check on them halfway through cooking. If it looks like they are browning on the bottom, just take a spatula and flip them over.
What Vegetables are Keto Friendly?
One of the main misunderstandings about vegetables on Keto is that you are limited to cruciferous vegetables only. That is not necessarily true. There are many wonderful low-carb vegetables you can enjoy guilt-free on Keto.
I wrote an article, Best Vegetables on Keto, on this very subject. Check it out and you'll see how many delicious choices there are.
What Temperature is Best for Roasting Vegetables?
As a general rule of thumb, it's best to roast vegetables at a high temperature of between 400°F-425°F. This higher temp allows the vegetables to cook evenly and develop a nice, caramelized exterior without burning.
What is the Lowest Carb Root Vegetable?
This recipe does not include root veggies but feel free to add them in if you prefer.
One of the lowest-carb root vegetables is the turnip. There are other root-veggies that are fairly low in carb, like radishes, and carrots. The main thing to keep in mind is to enjoy root vegetables in moderation.
More Keto Side Dishes
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour the veggies into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the tops.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika, thyme, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper over the top. Toss until well combined.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.