Smoky kielbasa and a savory medley of juicy roasted veggies tossed with spices and herbs makes this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies the ideal answer for a busy weeknight dinner.
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies Recipe
- Fresh colorful roasted veggies
- Savory and hearty kielbasa sausage
- Super easy preparation
- Perfect dinner for busy weeknights
When you’re trying to get dinner on the table for a hungry family, one-pan meals are a great way to go. Not only will they feed a crowd, but they're an awesome way to cook your main course and side dish all at one time.
For this mouthwatering recipe, as the slices of succulent kielbasa roasts, all those savory juices begin to release, further seasoning the surrounding vegetables.
One of the great things about oven roasted sausage and veggies is they're perfect for meal prep! So, even if you aren't feeding a whole family, you can cook up a pan and freeze them for those times when you want a healthy home-cooked meal, but don't have the time.
Once you see how amazingly easy this recipe is and how fast you can have an entire dinner ready, you may want to try these Chipotle Lime Salmon Foil Packets! It's another all-time favorite one-pan meal everyone raves about.
🛒 What’s in Keto Sheet Pan Dinner
- Smoked Kielbasa Sausage
- Butternut squash
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
🔪 How to Make Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Veggies
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add the butternut squash to a microwave safe bowl and steam in the microwave for 2 minutes while you chop the other veggies. You don’t want it cooked through, just about halfway cooked.
Tip: To save yourself some work, look for butternut squash that has already been peeled and cut, in your local grocery store.
Add all the remaining veggies and sausage to a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle in the thyme, smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper. Toss to combine, making sure each piece is well coated with the oil and spices.
Tip: While it’s not necessary to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, you certainly can if you’d like.
Pour onto a baking sheet that’s been brushed with olive oil.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through and are slightly brown.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables Variations
- Sausage: You can use any of your favorite link-style sausages. Because it's your main protein, I'd recommend one that's smoked or seasoned well with spices and herbs like kielbasa or Italian sausage, so it gives the meal lots of flavor.
- Veggies: One of the great things about this recipe is the measurements and ingredient are completely versatile! For the veggies, you can omit the peppers or add even more. You can add sliced brussels sprouts, broccoli or cauliflower. You just can't go wrong, so try any of your favorites!
- Seasonings: If you love a little kick of heat, red pepper flakes are a great way to wake up the flavor. You can also use fresh herbs like a little rosemary for a slightly piney flavor or sage for a real aromatic and warm taste. Fresh parsley always adds the perfect fresh note to roasted food.
What Vegetables Go with Sausages?
Best Low Carb Roasting Veggies: Other than the vegetables used in this recipe, mushrooms are an awesome low carb option, and they deliver even more protein to your meal. Eggplant, asparagus, different types of peppers, broccoli or cauliflower are always a hit.
How Long Do You Cook Sausage in the Oven?
Smoked sausage is already cooked, so you just want to cook it until it's nice and brown. The cooking time will vary on the size slices you're cooking. On average you can plan on it taking about 20-25 minutes for a full sheet pan.
Some people prefer to cook the sausages whole, and while you certainly can, I prefer to cut them into thick slices, so that more of the juices coat the veggies and the pieces get good color with roasting. Color = flavor!
What Type of Sausage is Keto-Friendly?
If you've ever stood in the sausage section at the grocery store, then you know there are many choices to pick from. The key to finding sausage that's okay for Keto is to avoid the ones with a lot of added sugar. Sometimes sugar is added during the curing phase, but the amount should be very minimal.
Look at the label for sausage with a low carb content. Once you see how many grams it has in fiber, subtract that from the total carbs to give you the amount of net carbs. This will be a good indicator of other hidden ingredients that may be in the sausage.
One ingredient that you’ll often see listed on certain brands of sausage is maltodextrin. It's best to avoid this ingredient because it can cause a spike in blood sugar just as high or higher than regular sugar.
Can You Use Parchment Paper for Sheet Pan Dinners?
If you have a new or very well-maintained, non-stick sheet pan, you shouldn’t have to use parchment paper when you coat the pan with a little olive oil. Having said that, it does make clean up one step easier!
More Keto Sausage Recipes
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage
- Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pie
- Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Jambalaya
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Soup
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 14 ounces Smoked Kielbasa Sausage
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- ⅔ bell pepper, yellow, red or orange, diced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into half moons
- ⅓ red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the butternut squash to a microwave safe bowl and steam in the microwave for 2 minutes while you chop the other veggies. You don’t want it cooked through, just about halfway cooked.
- Add all the remaining veggies and sausage to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle in the thyme, smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine, making sure each piece is well coated with the oil and spices.
- While it’s not necessary to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, you certainly can if you’d like.
- Pour onto a baking sheet that’s been brushed with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through and are slightly brown.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve/Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.
NOTE: Recipes using Swerve/Erythritol can be substituted 1:1 with a Monk fruit/Allulose blend.
We made this last night and really enjoyed it! I used the entire yellow pepper and instead of butternut squash (not a fan) I used a sweet potato. I realize it’s not as low carb but it was still quite tasty. I also had a mixture of cauli/broccoli rice leftover so we served it over that. So,so good! Thanks for sharing. We will be making this again!
Keto Cooking Christian
You are so welcome and I'm glad it was a hit!
Is the 2/3 bell pepper diced 2/3s of a cup or 2/3s of a bell pepper?
Keto Cooking Christian
It is 2/3 of an average size bell pepper.
Love and so blessed with your Bible verse of the day.
What a lovely idea for an autumn dish; adding to my menu plan for next week. Thanks so much for your continual great recipes - so many of them are now staples in our menus (particularly the casseroles!)
Keto Cooking Christian
That is so sweet of you! ❤ I truly love hearing comments like yours because it just proves low carb food can be delicious and interesting.