If you love a loaded baked potato but without the extra carbs, you're going to fall in love with this healthy Loaded Cauliflower Salad.
I have to be honest, one of the things I missed the most when switching to a low carb, Keto way of eating was the flavors of the occasional loaded baked potato. The bacon and cheese mixed together with sour cream just created the ultimate comfort food side dish.
So, after giving it some thought and trying a few different methods, this GLORIOUS loaded cauliflower salad was created!
This isn't just any cauliflower salad recipe, because as an added bonus, it is ranch flavored. Using a dry Homemade Ranch Seasoning, cauliflower is roasted until tender before the other ingredients are added. That extra step really sets this recipe apart!
If you're wanting to serve something extra special a your next BBQ, pot luck or family cookout, this Keto Cauliflower Salad will be a hit!
What's in Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Light olive oil
- Ranch seasoning
- Apple cider vinegar
- Smoked paprika
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Salad
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Wash and chop the cauliflower into small bite size florets and add it to a large bowl.
Pour the olive oil and half of the ranch seasoning over the top, then toss to coat each piece.
While the cauliflower is roasting, chop up the bacon and fry it in a skillet.
Once crispy, drain onto paper towels and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining ranch seasoning, smoked paprika and lemon juice, then whisk to combine.
Add in the roasted cauliflower into the bowl while it's still hot, along with the shredded cheese, reserved bacon, dressing and chives.
Toss everything together until well combined and fridge in the oven for at least 1-2 hours before serving. The longer it sits, the better the flavor is.
Note: If you use a store bought ranch seasoning, only use 2 teaspoons. You can also add a sprinkling of smoked paprika over the top for a little extra smoky flavor.
Can Loaded Potato Salad be Served Warm?
If your house is anything like mine, it is a house divided! We have the cold potato salad camp and the warm potato salad camp.
Well, the great news about this Keto Cauliflower Salad is it can be served both ways. Once it chills in the fridge for a bit, the flavors do come together and intensify, but if you're looking for a warm salad recipe, it truly is delicious either way.
Is Cauliflower Keto? What are the Carbs in Cauliflower?
It is well known that cauliflower is a a Keto super food due to it low carb count, 5 total grams per cup, but also it's amazing versatility.
On top of its versatility, there are many health benefits to cauliflower. It's packed with fiber, and many vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, zinc, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins B complex, C, K and E!
What do I Serve With Loaded Cauliflower Salad?
Think about this Keto salad just like you would a loaded baked potato. Meaning, anything you'd want to serve with a potato, you can serve with this recipe. Here are some of my most favorite Keto recipes that can may give you some inspiration:
- Grilled Steak with Compound Butter
- Instant Pot Roast
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Oven Baby Back Ribs
- Pan Seared Filet Mignon
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
Tips for Making the Loaded Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Start with fresh cauliflower: Always look for cauliflower heads that are uniformly creamy white in color. From time to time you might see a head of cauliflower with some light brown spots. Though the spots are not harmful, it's a sign of oxidation resulting from being stored a little too long.
- Don't over cook the florets: You're going to want cook the cauliflower until it's tender, but not until it falls completely apart when mixing in the other ingredients.
- Make it your own: This recipe was created with the entire family in mind, including the kiddos. But if you like a little extra kick, you can always add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or even a slight dash of cayenne pepper. Whatever you typically serve with a baked potato, you can serve in this recipe. It is just that versatile.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and chop the cauliflower into small bite size florets and add it to a large bowl. Pour the olive oil and half of the ranch seasoning over the top, then toss to coat each piece.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, chop up the bacon and fry it in a skillet. Once crispy, drain onto paper towels and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining ranch seasoning, smoked paprika and lemon juice, then whisk to combine.
- Add in the roasted cauliflower into the bowl while it's still hot, along with the shredded cheese, reserved bacon, dressing and chives.
- Toss everything together until well combined and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serving. The longer it sits, the better the flavor is.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.