It doesn't get any better than a tender steak grilled to juicy perfection, topped with a homemade mouth-watering garlic herb compound butter!
This succulent grilled steak recipe will be perfect for your next cookout. But here's a tip for you! If you REALLY want to take that grilled flavor to a whole new level, finishing with garlic herb compound butter for steak is the way to go!
When on Keto, there is a focus on eating healthy fat. And if you're not counting macros it can be fairly easy to over do it on protein. That's where compound butter comes in. Talk about the most delicious way EVER to add a little more fat to your meal!!
Even though garlic herb butter is super easy to make, it adds an incredible depth of richness to the steak that you're simply going to love!
The hardest part of making this grilled steak with compound butter recipe is allowing the steak to rest before eating it! The savory smells fill the entire area and will have all your guests gathered around with mouths-watering. It's just that delicious.
What's in Grilled Steak with Garlic Herb Compound Butter
- Ribeye steaks
- Lemon zest
- Lemon thyme
- Olive oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Grilled Steak with Garlic Herb Compound Butter
To Make the Garlic Herb Compound Butter for Steak
Add the parsley, lemon thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk them together, then add in the butter.
Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
Add the mixture to a piece of parchment paper and form a log.
Roll up the ends and place it in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
To Grill the Steak
Heat your grill, while you allow the steaks to come to room temperature.
Rub the steaks with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Grill them until they reach the temperature you prefer using a meat thermometer. I like mine between rare and medium rare, so I pull mine off at 125F.
Take the compound butter and slice into discs.
Serve over each piece of hot steak.
Allow the steak to rest while the juices redistribute and the compound butter starts to melt.
Is Steak Keto?
Tips for Grilling the Perfect Keto Steak Recipe
- Allow steaks sit out on the counter for about 20 or until they become room temp before grilling. This helps the meat to cook more evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure you've cooked steak to the appropriate temp. This helps keep you from having to slice into the meat to check for doneness.
- Always start out with clean grates. This prevents sticking and possible flame flair ups. Plus, no one likes burnt bits leftover from a previous cookout on their food.
- Use a good wire brush to knock off any build up. If you don't have a wire brush, you can make do by crumpling up aluminum foil and scrubbing the grates with it.
- For extra juicy and tender steaks, you definitely want to find ones with good marbling. Marbling is the fat that runs through the meat giving it so much flavor.
- Always allow your grilled steaks to rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing into it. This helps the juices to redistribute throughout the meat and prevents it from drying out.
Steak Cooking Temperatures/Degrees of Doneness
- Rare (cool red center): 120-130°F
- Medium Rare (warm red center): 130-135°F
- Medium (warm pink center): 135-145°F
- Medium Well (slightly pink center): 145-155°F
- Well Done (no pink): 155-165°F
I always recommend using a meat thermometer to be sure your steak reaches the perfect temperature.
How to Store Compound Butter
Store leftover compound butter in the fridge in an airtight container. This ensures the butter stays fresh and won't cause other items in the fridge to pick up the garlic scent.
Compound butter also freezes really well. This allows you to make it in advance and have some on hand anytime you need it!
Uses for Compound Butter
So, you made a big batch of garlic herb compound butter for your yummy grilled steak and there's butter leftover. Don't you worry about how to use, I've got you covered!
- Use garlic herb compound butter to run all over your turkey before baking it. Be sure to get the butter under the skin, touching the meat. You can use the same method when roasting a whole chicken also.
- Use this Keto compound butter as spread on this Gluten Free Focaccia Bread for a take on traditional garlic bread or you can even use it to smear on one of these Chaffles.
- Grilled veggies have never been so good. Dress up any of your grilled keto veggies by melting some garlic herb compound butter right over the top when you take them off the grill.
- We can't leave out shrimp! Talk about a quick and easy Keto Shrimp recipe! Just soften the butter enough to toss the shrimp with and bake them in the oven until done. This is an easy peasy meal in minutes. For similar oven baked shrimp recipes, check out this Shrimp Scampi or this Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp.
What Do I Serve with Grilled Steak with Compound Butter?
More Keto Grilling Recipes
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Asian Grilled Chicken with Peanut Ginger Slaw
- Lime Cilantro Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Citrus Glaze
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Pesto over Zoodles
- Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Grilled Steak with Garlic Herb Compound Butter
- 4 Ribeye steaks, 12 ounces each
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing the steak
- Salt and Pepper, for seasoning the steak
To Make the Garlic Herb Compound Butter
- Add the parsley, lemon thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk them together, then add in the butter. Mix the everything together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a piece of parchment paper and form a log. Roll up the ends and place it in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
To Grill the Steak
- Heat your grill, while you allow the steaks to come to room temperature.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Grill them until they reach the temperature you prefer using a meat thermometer. I like mine between rare and medium rare, so I pull mine off at 125F.
- Take the compound butter and slice into discs. Serve over each piece of hot steak and allow the steak to rest while the juices redistribute and the compound butter starts to melt.
- Store leftover compound butter in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week or freeze.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.