A collection of some of the best Keto and low carb casseroles. Great for meal prepping and make ahead dinners, they are packed with flavor and very satisfying!
The components in a good Keto casserole typically include a protein, a vegetable and plenty of healthy fat! For the protein, there are so many that we can enjoy on a Ketogenic diet, including beef, chicken, pork, turkey, seafood and more!
Add in your low carb veggies like cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, spaghetti squash or zucchini. You can even add in small amounts of onion, garlic or peppers for extra flavor.
Most low carb casserole recipes will have some type of sauce, typically made from healthy Keto fats like heavy cream, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mascarpone and a variety of cheeses.
Add in herbs or spices for added flavor (without added carbs), mix together, then pour into your casserole baking dish and you have a whole meal that was super easy to put together!
And who said casseroles are just for lunch or dinner? A Keto breakfast casserole is a great way to start the weekend or to feed a crowd. And leftovers make a quick and easy breakfast during the week.
Low carb casseroles are great for meal prepping too! They often make a good amount of servings, so you'll have plenty of leftovers.
Many of these Keto casseroles also freeze and reheat beautifully, and it's great to have extra meals on hand for those busy weeknights! Some of them can be used as great Keto lunch recipes too!
And for those busy weeknights, you can also prepare many of these ahead of time, which is a real time saver! Then, when you're ready, you can just pop it in the oven and bake it, for a quick Keto dinner! How's that for convenience!?
In this collection you'll see some of the BEST recipes for Keto ground beef casseroles, low carb breakfast casseroles and Keto chicken casseroles-plus many more that will quickly become your family's favorite.
Here are 40 of the Best Keto and Low Carb casserole recipes and please be sure to comment on any that you have tried!
Tips About Freezing Keto Casseroles
- Freezing temperatures can cause the material some containers are made of to crack, so always make sure you use freezer safe containers when freezing your leftovers.
- To help prevent freezer burn, allow your casserole to completely cool before moving it to the freezer.
- Be sure to use a permanent marker to label the outside of the casserole packaging to include the date you cooked it and the contents of the package.
- If you're making entrées to freeze, you can use disposable tin pans. This frees up your nicer casserole dishes and makes it easier to carry for potlucks, you can just take it and leave it!
- To thaw, leave your frozen casserole in the refrigerator overnight. If it's still slightly frozen, cook on a lower temperature, covered. A good rule of thumb is 350F for half the time you originally baked it.
- Though most casseroles freeze very well, you should check for signs of freezer burn before reheating.
- If you have boiled chicken for your casserole, save the broth! You can freeze it and use it in soups.
I hope these easy Keto Casserole Recipes have inspired you!
*All photos and recipes in this article are copyrighted by the original food blog author, listed under the title. Please click on the “get recipe” button to get the full written recipes with steps, which are the sole property of each respective website.
More Keto and Low Carb Recipe Roundups...
- 35 Best Keto Ground Beef Recipes
- 25 Keto Party Appetizer Recipes
- 25 Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
- 50 Keto Ice Cream, Popsicles & Frozen Treats
- 25 Best Keto Fat Bombs
- 25 Best Keto Side Dish Recipes
- 25 Most Decadent Keto Desserts
- 25 Best Keto and Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- 25 Best Keto and Low Carb Pumpkin Recipes
- 50 Keto Summer BBQ Recipes
- 25 Keto and Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- 25 Creative Keto and Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes