This easy and super delicious Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is loaded with the most incredible flavors and textures. It's the perfect healthy side dish for potlucks or cookouts!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 🛒 What You’ll Need for Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 🔪 How to Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- How Long Does Broccoli Salad Last in the Fridge?
- How Many Carbs are in Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad?
- Can You Have Broccoli and Cauliflower on Keto Diet?
- Do I Need to Cook the Broccoli or Cauliflower?
- Bacon and Broccoli Cauliflower Tips and Variations
- More Keto Salad Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Vibrant combination of flavors and colors
- Super easy preparation in only 10 minutes
- Uses fresh healthy ingredients
- Perfect side dish for any occasion
This Broccoli cauliflower salad recipe is not only a feast for your eyes, with all the gorgeous and vibrant colors, but it’s also bursting with flavor and a wonderful combination of textures.
A low carb and very nutritious side dish, this recipe features all the delicious elements a perfect salad should have. From crunchy veggies and crispy bacon, to soft chunks of cheddar cheese and a simple yet amazing creamy dressing, this is salad has it all.
Another great thing about this Keto broccoli cauliflower salad is the flavors are even better the next day which makes it awesome meal prep idea.
🛒 What You’ll Need for Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Uncured bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Red onion
- Sunflower seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Heat a large skillet and fry the bacon until crisp.
Remove and set aside to cool before chopping into bite site pieces.
Tip: Alternatively, you could chop the bacon while it's raw, then fry it up that way.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, red onion, sunflower seeds and bacon.
In a small mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, garlic salt and pepper.
Tip: If you don't like sour cream, you could substitute with Greek yogurt.
Whisk until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the bowl of veggies and toss until everything is coated with the dressing.
Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Tip: While you can serve it the same night, it tastes much better the next day.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
How Long Does Broccoli Salad Last in the Fridge?
When stored properly it should stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Keep in mind, the longer it sits, the dressing will soften the vegetables some.
How Many Carbs are in Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad?
For this recipe, there are 7 grams of carbs per serving, but with 3 grams of fiber, that brings the net carb so just 4 grams!
Can You Have Broccoli and Cauliflower on Keto Diet?
Absolutely! Vegetables play an important role in any diet. Broccoli and cauliflower are cruciferous veggies that are considered some of the best choices for Keto. Both are super healthy too! Check out these nutrients:
Broccoli: With 135% of the RDI of vitamin C and 116% of the RDI for vitamin K, as well as containing other of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, broccoli is a Keto veggie superhero!
Cauliflower: This is the most versatile veggie in the Keto world. Loaded just about vitamin and mineral that you need, especially vitamin C, vitamin K and B6, cauliflower is a great addition to any diet.
Do I Need to Cook the Broccoli or Cauliflower?
Part of what makes this salad so great is the crunch you get from the veggies, so I don't cook them at.
If you prefer the broccoli and cauliflower to be a little softer, you can add the florets to a dry, microwave-safe bowl and cook for a couple of minutes just to soften them slightly. Just be sure you allow them to cool completely so they won't melt the cheese.
Bacon and Broccoli Cauliflower Tips and Variations
- Peppers: This recipe uses a classic combination of broccoli and cauliflower. But you can also add bell peppers if you prefer. Red, orange and yellow bell peppers are sweeter than green bell peppers, plus they add beautiful color to the salad.
- Dressing: Apple cider vinegar adds incredible flavor to the dressing for this salad. But, if you happen to have red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar on hand, both will work just as well to balance out the sweetness of the mayo and monk fruit/allulose blend.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon is a star ingredient in this recipe. You can use turkey bacon or fried prosciutto.
- Cheese: You can change the cheese to use any of your favorites. Colby, pepper jack or white cheddar would all be great with the other flavors in the salad.
- Nuts/Seeds: Change up the crunch factor by using pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, chopped walnut or pecans. To really maximize their flavor, you'll want to slightly toast them in a dry skillet first.
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Keto " Big Mac" Cheeseburger Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
- Zucchini Zoodle "Pasta" Salad
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Classic Cobb with Ranch Dressing
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 3 ½ cups raw broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 ½ cups raw cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 8 slices uncured bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit/allulose
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet and fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove and set aside to cool before chopping into bite site pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, red onion, sunflower seeds and bacon.
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, garlic salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl of veggies and toss until well combined.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. While you can serve it the same night, it tastes much better the next day.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.