Chinese takeout anyone? This version of perhaps, the most popular Chinese takeout dish, Pork Fried Rice, is low carb and Keto-friendly!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Before Keto, I used to make my own fried rice all the time and really loved it. I add a few ingredients that are not so traditional, but add great flavor to the dish, including freshly grated ginger. Ginger has some amazing health benefits, click here to read more about them.
While you can certainly use frozen riced cauliflower, it’s incredibly easy to make your own! See my recipe on how to rice cauliflower here.
If you choose to use frozen riced cauliflower, you’ll want to reduce the cooking time in this recipe and be sure to squeeze out any moisture before adding to your skillet.
The addition of pork makes this a complete meal. If you prefer to serve as a side dish, you can certainly omit the pork and adjust the macros accordingly.
What’s in Keto Pork Fried Rice
- Pork tenderloin (or pork loin)
- Riced cauliflower (see my recipe on how to rice cauliflower here)
- Finely diced carrots (optional, see notes)
- Liquid Aminos (or Coconut Aminos or Tamari)
- Fresh ginger
- Garlic clove
- Grass-fed butter
- Light olive oil
- Toasted Sesame Oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
Heat a skillet or wok to medium high heat and add the oil. Cook the pork for about 4-5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
Add in the butter, cauliflower rice, carrots and scallions (white parts only), sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture (I like mine with a little bite to it).
Add in the ginger and garlic, sauté and stir for about 20 seconds, then push to one side of the pan.
Add in the eggs and cook quickly, while stirring.
Once cooked, mix everything together and add in the pork and liquid aminos. Cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring, then add in the sesame oil and scallions (green parts).
The carrots in this recipe are optional. I added them in because they are standard in traditional fried rice and I only added a very small amount. If you’re on strict Keto, you might choose to omit them, though there is not a big difference in carbs.
Variation for Keto Fried Rice
One of the things I absolutely love about cauliflower rice is because of its mild flavor, it easily adapts to whatever flavors you season it with. That’s great news for those missing Asian fried rice.
You can use this same recipe and substitute chicken thighs, shrimp or even steak strips.
Like I mentioned before, if you’d like to omit the carrots, it will not change the flavor of the recipe that much. Instead you can add some sesame seeds or slivered almonds to give you a little bit of crunch.
Is Cauliflower Fried Rice Keto?
Cauliflower is basically a Keto super food. That’s because it’s low carb, high in fiber and contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need including high amounts of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant known to fight inflammation.
What makes fried rice, fried rice is the fat you cook it in. On Keto, healthy fats are encouraged so Cauliflower Fried Rice is the absolute perfect Keto main dish, or without the protein, it’s great for a low carb side dish.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Hummus
- Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower “Mac and Cheese”
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
Can I Freeze Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice?
You sure can! It makes a great meal prep idea. Because cauliflower has a good bit of moisture in it, you will definitely want to place it in an air tight container prior to freezing.
And it couldn’t be easier to thaw out! Just let it thaw over night in the fridge then reheat it in a skillet or in a microwave.
If you’re like most people you always welcome meal prep ideas. If you’d like additional tips about meal prepping, check out this article, 25 keto Meal Prepping Ideas for some inspiration.
More Asian Inspired Keto Recipes
- Easy Stir Fry Pork
- Spicy Shrimp in Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Red Coconut Curry Pork
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
Pork Fried Cauliflower Fried Rice – Keto and Low Carb
- 1 pound of pork tenderloin or pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower see my recipe on how to rice cauliflower here
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots optional, see notes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 scallions sliced green and white parts divided
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons mild flavored oil I used light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Heat a skillet or wok to medium high heat and add the oil. Cook the pork for about 4-5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Add in the butter, cauliflower rice, carrots and scallions (white parts only), sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture (I like mine with a little bite to it).
- Add in the ginger and garlic, sauté and stir for about 20 seconds, then push to one side of the pan.
- Add in the eggs and cook quickly, while stirring. Once cooked, mix everything together and add in the pork and Liquid Aminos. Cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring, then add in the sesame oil and scallions (green parts).