Roasted red peppers and cauliflower star in this Keto friendly hummus recipe with all the rich flavors of traditional hummus but without all the carbs!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
There’re some recipes that seem almost impossible to transform into Keto friendly versions. Fortunately, if you have cravings for hummus, cauliflower makes an excellent substitution for chickpeas and with the addition of roasted red peppers, you’ll never want to make it any other way.
This roasted cauliflower hummus makes the perfect Keto appetizer or healthy snack. Just wait till you try this, I promise you won’t even taste the cauliflower. You can serve it up with these Seasoned Tortilla Chips that are quick and easy to make!
The amazing thing about this version of hummus, is that the texture is exactly like traditional hummus, I kid you not. It’s got such a wonderful smoky flavor from roasting the cauliflower, and the sweet roasted red pepper and smoked paprika.
Ingredients for Red Pepper Cauliflower Hummus
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cauliflower Hummus
Preheat oven to 425F.
Add the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl, place a plate over the top and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
While the cauliflower is still warm, add to the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
Pulse until everything is thoroughly combined and smooth. Add a little more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of smoked paprika over the top.
Note: If you don’t like a strong garlic flavor, use only 2 small cloves of garlic. I like garlic flavor in my hummus, so I used 3 cloves. If you’re not sure, start with 2 cloves then give it a taste and always add another clove if you want.
Enjoy with fresh cut celery, cucumber, zucchini sticks, carrots, pork rinds or Seasoned Tortilla Chips!
So, What is Hummus Anyway?
Traditional hummus is a Middle Eastern dip made from cooked and mashed chickpeas blended with tahini paste olive oil, salt, garlic and a little bit of citrus like lemon juice or lime juice.
Because those that follow Keto or low carb diets eat a limited amount of carbs, other ingredients like cauliflower, almonds and avocados can be used to create delicious low carb hummus recipes.
Is Hummus Keto Friendly?
Traditional hummus is made with chickpeas and that makes the carb count too high for those on Keto or low carb diets. However, with this Keto hummus version, that worry is taken away.
In comparison, chick pea hummus has about 8.5 net carbs per serving as compared to just 2 net carbs in this recipe. Who knew you could get the same great flavor and texture of hummus from cauliflower and red peppers? You just have to try it to believe it!
What are Other Ways to Eat Hummus?
Hummus is such a healthy alternative to a lot of spreads and dips that have either preservatives or added sugars. But this cauliflower hummus doesn’t have to be just a dip. There are other ways you can incorporate hummus into many other healthy Keto recipes:
- Spread it over grilled chicken. The roasted flavors of the hummus with the grilled flavors of the chicken have a wonderful combination of flavor.
- If you love fathead pizza this hummus recipe will work great as a substitute for pesto.
- There’re endless possibilities for green salad toppings to use with Cauliflower hummus. Tomatoes, cucumbers and Kalamata olives are a great option.
- Use it over grilled burgers for an amazing twist.
- For a great meat replacement, serve this Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Hummus with portabella mushrooms. Add a little melted cheese on top for an extra special touch!
What are the Health Benefits of Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is sometimes called a Keto super food. That’s because it’s low carb, high in fiber and contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need including high amounts of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant known to fight inflammation.
If you’d like to learn more about the health benefits of cauliflower, check out this article.
More Keto Friendly Dips
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Cheese Dip
- Homemade Ranch Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch Dip
Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Hummus – Keto
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl, place a plate over the top and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is still warm, add to the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until everything is thoroughly combined and smooth. Add a little more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of smoked paprika over the top. Enjoy with fresh cut celery, cucumber, zucchini sticks, carrots, pork rinds or seasoned tortilla chips!