Shredded chicken breast baked in a cheese buffalo sauce, topped with blue cheese crumbles and served with celery sticks and homemade cheese crackers!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great appetizer to serve at your next party! It uses ingredients that you most likely will already have on hand and is really easy to assemble.
It has all the familiar flavors of buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese, with a some added tanginess and cheesy goodness!
You can even make it ahead and bake it when you're ready to serve. Give this one a try, you will be making it often!! This is a great low carb appetizer that's super easy to make!
What's in Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Sour cream
- Unsalted butter
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Cayenne pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip from Scratch
Start with the Keto Buffalo Sauce
Add the butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
Once melted, add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for about a minute.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Make the Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat your oven to 375F.
In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, sour cream, parsley and garlic salt, and mix until well combined. Set mixture aside.
In the bowl with the chicken, add in the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but reserve ½ cup of the cheddar cheese for the topping. Mix by hand until combined. Then stir in the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes at 375F, or until the cheese is slightly golden brown. Bake an additional 5 minutes at 400F. Allow to cool slightly and top with scallions, before serving with celery sticks or these Homemade Cheese Crackers.
Can I Freeze Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or you can certainly freeze it. Be sure to place leftovers in an air tight container before freezing.
To thaw, just place the container in the fridge over night before reheating in a 350F oven until warmed through.
Not only can you freeze leftovers, this Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great idea for meal planning when you have an event or gathering in the future.
If you would like even more meal planning tips, check out this article, 25 Meal Prepping Ideas.
What Goes Good with Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
When you're following Keto or a low carb diet, warm and cheesy dips can be a challenge because chips have too many carbs. So what can you eat with this dip?
Celery is always great with Buffalo sauce flavors, but you can also have sliced bell peppers or pork rinds.
Substitutions for Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
- This Keto Buffalo dip is so quick and easy but if you find yourself really short on time, you can use rotisserie chicken. The key is to look at the ingredients on the label of the chicken to make sure there isn't added sugars or other non-Keto friendly ingredients.
- The type of cheese you use is completely a personal preference. Use Pepper Jack, Colby of any good melting cheese.
- Want even more heat? Add some sliced jalapenos for extra kick. You can use fresh jalapeno or the pickled jarred kind. Either one will work great!
More Buffalo Keto and Low Carb Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce & Dip
- Buffalo Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Add in the blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, sour cream, parsley and garlic salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the shredded chicken and cheddar cheese, reserving about ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese for the topping. Mix by hand until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 (or slightly smaller) casserole baking dish that's been sprayed or brushed with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheddar cheese over the top and bake for 20 minutes , or until the cheese is slightly golden brown. Bake an additional 5 minutes at 400°F. Allow to cool slightly and top with the blue cheese and (optional) chopped chives, before serving.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.