Shredded chicken breast baked in a cheese buffalo sauce, topped with blue cheese crumbles and served with celery sticks and homemade cheese crackers!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great appetizer to serve at your next party! It uses ingredients that you most likely will already have on hand and is really easy to assemble.
It has all the familiar flavors of buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese, with a some added tanginess and cheesy goodness!
You can even make it ahead and bake it when you’re ready to serve. Give this one a try, you will be making it often!! This is a great low carb appetizer that’s super easy to make!
What’s in Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken breasts
- Cream cheese, softened
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Sour cream
- Unsalted butter
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Cayenne pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip from Scratch
Start with the Keto Buffalo Sauce
Add the butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
Once melted, add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for about a minute.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Make the Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat your oven to 375F.
In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, sour cream, parsley and garlic salt, and mix until well combined. Set mixture aside.
In the bowl with the chicken, add in the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but reserve ½ cup of the cheddar cheese for the topping. Mix by hand until combined. Then stir in the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes at 375F, or until the cheese is slightly golden brown. Bake an additional 5 minutes at 400F. Allow to cool slightly and top with scallions, before serving with celery sticks or these Homemade Cheese Crackers.
Can I Freeze Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or you can certainly freeze it. Be sure to place leftovers in an air tight container before freezing.
To thaw, just place the container in the fridge over night before reheating in a 350F oven until warmed through.
Not only can you freeze leftovers, this Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great idea for meal planning when you have an event or gathering in the future.
If you would like even more meal planning tips, check out this article, 25 Meal Prepping Ideas.
What Goes Good with Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
When you’re following Keto or a low carb diet, warm and cheesy dips can be a challenge because chips have too many carbs. So what can you eat with this dip?
Celery is always great with Buffalo sauce flavors, but you can also have sliced bell peppers or pork rinds.
Substitutions for Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
- This Keto Buffalo dip is so quick and easy but if you find yourself really short on time, you can use rotisserie chicken. The key is to look at the ingredients on the label of the chicken to make sure there isn’t added sugars or other non-Keto friendly ingredients.
- The type of cheese you use is completely a personal preference. Use Pepper Jack, Colby of any good melting cheese.
- Want even more heat? Add some sliced jalapenos for extra kick. You can use fresh jalapeno or the pickled jarred kind. Either one will work great!
More Buffalo Keto and Low Carb Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce & Dip
- Buffalo Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Buffalo Chicken Dip – Keto and Low Carb
For the Buffalo Chicken Dip
To Make the Buffalo Sauce
- Add the butter to a sauce pan and melt over medium heat. Once melted, add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Make the Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat oven to 375F. Add the chicken breast to a large bowl and shred using a hand mixer. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can use 2 forks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, sour cream, parsley and garlic salt, and mix until well combined. Set mixture aside.
- In the bowl with the chicken, add in the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but reserve ½ cup of the cheddar cheese for the topping. Mix by hand until combined. Then mix in the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the reserved ½ cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the dip, then add the blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F, or until the cheese is slightly golden brown. Bake an additional 5 minutes at 400F. Allow to cool slightly before serving with celery sticks or homemade cheese crackers.