The perfect Keto side dish recipe for your next BBQ? Low carb coleslaw with all the same delicious flavors as Buffalo wings! You’re going to love this one!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
If you like buffalo wings, you are going to love this slaw! It literally takes 5 minutes to make and is sure to please even those who aren’t following a Ketogenic Diet.
I always try to make my own dressings and sauces whenever I can. This way I can control the ingredients and know that they’re not loaded with preservatives or hidden carbs!
This is an easy Low Carb and Keto side dish that’s perfect for your next BBQ! It has all the classic flavors of buffalo wings – blue cheese, celery and of course, buffalo sauce!
What’s in Buffalo Keto Slaw?
- Cole slaw mix
- Sour cream
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Buffalo Low Carb Coleslaw
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cole slaw mix, celery, blue cheese and scallions.
Pour the dressing over the drop of the slaw mix and toss to combine, making sure every piece is well coated.
Add a drizzle of buffalo wing sauce and the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
You can make this ahead of time and chill in the fridge to allow the slaw to absorb all the flavors. This make for excellent meal prep for the week in advance.
For more meal prep tips like this one, check out this article, ” 25 Keto Meal Prep Ideas.”
Is Coleslaw on Keto Okay?
Most restaurants and store bought coleslaw contains traditional sugar. That shoots the carb count up beyond what is recommended on Keto.
But with this homemade Keto coleslaw recipe you control the ingredients. By using homemade own mayo and by not adding sugar, you reduce the carbs to just 3 net carbs per serving. That makes this an excellent choice for a Keto side dish.
If you are hung up on the carrots in this coleslaw mix, you can shred your cabbage or buy angel hair cabbage from the grocery. Angel hair cabbage is finely shredded cabbage without any other ingredients.
What Can I Serve with this Buffalo Keto Coleslaw Recipe?
You can serve this Buffalo Cole Slaw on the side of just about anything, including a grilled piece of chicken, steak, Bacon Cheeseburger Bites or theseBaby Back Ribs, Cheeseburger in a Bacon Weave Bun, Pork Carnitas or Buffalo Chicken Tenders!
More Keto Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce & Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
More Low Carb and Keto Side Dish Recipes
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Buffalo Cole Slaw – Keto and Low Carb
- In a mixing bowl, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese dressing and buffalo wing sauce. Mix until well combined. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cole slaw mix, celery, blue cheese and scallions.
- Pour the dressing over the drop of the slaw mix and toss to combine, making sure every piece is well coated. Add a drizzle of buffalo wing sauce and the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- You can make this ahead of time and chill in the fridge to allow the slaw to absorb all the flavors.