Cauliflower replaces macaroni pasta and is smothered in a smooth and creamy cheese sauce flavored with tangy homemade Buffalo wing sauce.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
If you like Buffalo wings, you're sure to love this dish! Made with a savory Buffalo wing flavored cheese sauce, tossed over cauliflower and topped with blue cheese crumbles.
This is the perfect Keto side dish served with your favorite protein. It's so good, you'll never miss the pasta!
Buffalo cauliflower "mac" and cheese is quick and very easy to make, and absolutely bursting with flavor! It's every bit the comfort food of traditional mac and cheese.
What's in Keto Buffalo "Mac" and Cheese
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Mascarpone cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Grass-fed butter
- Heavy cream
- Blue cheese dressing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Buffalo "Mac" and Cheese
Add the cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender (or your desired texture).
You can steam it instead, if you don't have or want to use a microwave, but I would not boil it, it will be too watery. Drain any water and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat a saucepan to medium and melt the butter.
Add in the heavy cream.
Then the Mascarpone cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in the shredded cheddar.
Then whisk in the Buffalo sauce.
And finally, whisk in the blue cheese dressing.
Mix until well combined and smooth. Remove from the heat.
Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
Serve with a drizzle of the Buffalo wing sauce and top with blue cheese crumbles.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
It certainly is! In fact, cauliflower plays a huge part in many popular Keto recipes. It works as a great substitute for potatoes, rice and in the case of this Keto side dish, pasta. Cauliflower truly is the quintessential Keto vegetable!
Cauliflower is low in carbs and high in fiber and is very nutritious. According to this article, cauliflower provides a significant amount of antioxidants as well as some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need.
How Many Carbs in Cauliflower?
For a whole cup of cooked cauliflower, there're 3 net grams of carbs which is much less than the amount of carbs found in rice or potatoes. You just can’t beat that!
Tips for Making Keto "Mac" and Cheese
- You can freeze leftovers in freezer safe containers. The texture of this low carb cauliflower side dish will change slightly when frozen. If the sauce separates when reheating, just keep stirring it until it comes together.
- For a time saver, you can cut up the cauliflower the day before or you can buy precut florets from the produce department at most grocery stores.
- Fresh cauliflower is recommended for this recipe. If you only have frozen, you can use that, just do not precook it. Add it to the warm sauce and cook it on low heat until warm.
- If the sauce is little too thin, add a little more cheese until it's the consistency you prefer.
- Store bought Buffalo wing sauce can be used instead of the homemade recipe mentioned in this recipe. Just make sure you carefully read the label for ingredients that are not recommended for those following Keto or low carb diets.
More Buffalo Inspired Keto Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce & Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
More Keto Sides
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Parmesan Baked Artichokes
- Brussel Sprouts with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Eggplant Fries
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Buffalo Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- 1 large (or 2 small) head cauliflower, cut into small bites
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 6 ounces of mascarpone cheese, softened (or cream cheese)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, for the top
- Add the cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender (or your desired texture). You can steam it instead, if you don't have or want to use a microwave, but I would not boil it, it will be too watery. Drain any water and pat dry with paper towels.
- And finally, whisk in the blue cheese dressing. Mix until well combined and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Serve with a drizzle of the buffalo wing sauce and top with blue cheese crumbles.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
This is amazing! Thank you so much. The sauce is so good I am going to use it on everything!
Keto Cooking Christian
That's awesome! Thank you so much.
Can you tell me what is considered a serving size?
Keto Cooking Christian
The macros for this recipe considers a serving size to be 1/8th of the recipe.