This Layered Taco Dip recipe has 7 scrumptious layers of classic Mexican flavors, including savory taco meat and creamy homemade guacamole. This dip is the ultimate appetizer for any gathering.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Layered Taco Dip
- Made with 7 layers of classic taco ingredients
- Super flavorful taco meat base layer
- Easy homemade guacamole gives it great flavor
- Perfect for game day or any party
You may have tried layered dips before, but with this recipe you're in for a whole new dipping experience! This taco dip ditches the refried beans to make it perfect for Keto or low carb diets. But let me tell you, with all the delicious flavors and texture, they won't be missed!
What makes this the ultimate dip is that it is made 100% from scratch. With ground beef that's seasoned with homemade taco seasoning and freshly made guacamole, to a creamy layer flavored with a homemade chipotle dressing, it's truly unlike anything you've ever tried!
🛒 Ingredients for 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Easy Taco Meat
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- Easy Guacamole
- Black olives
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Optional: cilantro
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make the Best Ever Mexican Layered Dip
Prepare the Taco Meat according to the recipe and add it to the bottom of a glass bowl in an even layer.
While the taco meat is cooling, prepare the Easy Guacamole and once the meat has cooled, spread it over the top.
In a small mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, sour cream and Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
Beat the mixture using a hand mixer until well combined.
Spread in a nice and smooth layer over the guacamole layer.
Next, add the shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese.
Finally, top with the chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and the (optional) cilantro.
- If you like to save some time and do a little prep work in advance of serving this dip, you can certainly do that. I would wait to make the guacamole layer until the last minute though.
- Make sure the lettuce is shredded thinly enough, it will make dipping much easier and less messy.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
🍴 What to Serve with 7 Layer Dip
Serve with your favorite Keto Tortilla Chips or fresh veggies for dipping. You could also serve with any Keto friendly chip that you like, or fresh veggie sticks like bell peppers, cucumber or celery.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Taco beef layer: If you prefer, you can use ground chicken or ground turkey to make the taco meat. You can also use some of these finely shredded Beef Barbacoa for really delicious twist.
- Cream cheese layer: If you don't have time to make the dressing, you can mix in a store bought Keto-friendly Ranch Dressing. If you want to keep that smoky flavor, you can use a chopped chipotle pepper from the can.
- Guacamole: Though the guacamole adds so much creaminess to this dip, you can swap it out with diced avocados.
- Cheeses: This recipe calls for cheddar, but feel free to use any of your favorite shredded or crumbly cheeses. Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Cotija and Queso Fresco are all great choices.
- Tomatoes: If you REALLY want to kick up the flavor in the dip, you can use some of this homemade Pico de Gallo instead of freshly chopped tomatoes.
💬 Frequently Asked Questions
Does Taco Dip Have Carbs?
Because of the veggie toppings and the guacamole, there approximately 4 net carbs per serving. It's also loaded with healthy fats and fiber!
Can You Make Layered Taco Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes, you sure can! In fact, preparing this dip in advance can be a real time-saver if you're prepping for a game day or other big event. Plus, I think it allows the flavors to meld together, making it even more delicious.
Can You Freeze Layered Taco Dip?
While it is possible to freeze Layered Mexican Dip, it's really not the most ideal option. The fresh ingredients in the guacamole, along with the other fresh veggies, contain a lot of moisture that simply won't freeze well.
How Do I Keep Guacamole from Turning Brown?
To prevent fresh guacamole from turning brown, press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to keep it from coming in contact with air.
Another top tip is to make sure you immediately add the lime juice as soon as you can. The acid in the juice helps slow down the browning process a lot.
How Long Is Seven Layer Taco Dip Good For?
As long as you keep it stored in the fridge when not serving it, this dip will stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
What Dips Can You Have on Keto?
Dip on Keto? There are so many great options for Keto friendly dips, I've listed them below.
🍽️ More Keto Dip Recipes
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- French Onion Dip
- Sausage Rotel Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Dip
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Layered Taco Dip
- Prepare the Taco Meat according to the recipe and add it to the bottom of a 2 quart (9 inch) glass bowl in an even layer.
- While the taco meat is cooling, prepare the Easy Guacamole and once the meat has cooled, spread it over the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, sour cream and Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
- Whip using a hand mixer until well combined. Spread it over the guacamole layer.
- Next, add the shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Finally, top with the chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and the (optional) cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite Keto Tortilla Chips or fresh veggies for dipping.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.