This homemade Sausage Rotel Dip has a wonderful blend of spicy sausage and fire roasted tomatoes in a cheesy dip, making it the ultimate party appetizer.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Sausage Queso Dip
- 🛒 What's in Gluten Free Rotel Dip
- 🔪 How to Make Keto Sausage Rotel Dip
- Do You Drain Rotel Tomatoes Before Cooking?
- How Long is Rotel Dip with Sausage Good For?
- Can You Freeze Sausage Rotel Dip?
- Can I Make Sausage Cheese Dip in the Crockpot
- Is Rotel Dip Keto Friendly?
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Variations
- What Can I Serve with Queso Dip?
- What Can I Substitute for Velveeta in Rotel Dip?
- More Keto Appetizers
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Sausage Queso Dip
- Spicy sausage and fire roasted tomatoes in a cheesy dip
- Makes the perfect party appetizer
- Only takes 10 minutes to prepare
- Easy to make in one pan
Who doesn't love a warm and cheesy queso dip? It's always the first thing to disappear at any party. This super easy recipe is slightly spicy, creamy, and everything you could possibly dream of in a party or snack dip. It's easy to make, all in one skillet, using simple and wholesome ingredients.
All you have to do is brown the sausage, add the seasonings and cheeses then melt everything together until it's bubbling hot. Serve this delicious cheese dip with your favorite Keto tortilla chips, sliced veggies or pork rinds for a low carb appetizer that comes together in 10 minutes.
Once you see how easy it is to make this sausage Rotel cheese dip recipe, you’ll want to keep the ingredients on hand for when you have last minute guests, or for those times you get those chips and dip cravings.
🛒 What's in Gluten Free Rotel Dip
- Ground pork sausage (hot or regular)
- Fire Roasted Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Keto Sausage Rotel Dip
Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, making sure to break it up into small pieces.
Drain any excess fat, then stir in the smoked paprika and cumin.
Allow them to toast for about 20 seconds, then add in the cream cheese.
Tip: Allowing the spices to toast gives the sausage a lot more flavor.
Once melted, add in the remaining ingredients to the sausage cream cheese mixture and stir until everything is melted and well combined.
Tip: If you can't find pepper jack cheese, you can use all cheddar or Monterey jack instead.
Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, just pop it in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between.
Do You Drain Rotel Tomatoes Before Cooking?
This is a personal preference, but I like to add the juice because it just gives the dip even more flavor and loosens the consistency a little.
How Long is Rotel Dip with Sausage Good For?
If you keep this in a sealed container in the fridge, it will stay fresh for up to about 4 days.
Can You Freeze Sausage Rotel Dip?
You'll see some suggestions say that you can freeze leftover cheese dip, but I do not recommend it because the texture of the cheese can become lumpy and hard to reincorporate with the tomatoes.
Can I Make Sausage Cheese Dip in the Crockpot
You can and if you're serving this at a party, that's a great way to keep it warm. Just brown the sausage and add it to the crockpot with all the other ingredients. Simmer on low until the cheese is nice and gooey.
Is Rotel Dip Keto Friendly?
This Rotel cheese dip is perfectly okay for Keto because it uses real cheese. Traditional recipes, that use that "boxed cheese," is not recommended because the cheese is incredibly processed with tons of preservatives and a lot of artificial additives.
In fact, that type of cheese is not even considered real cheese, which is why it changed its name to "pasteurized cheese product," on the box.
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Variations
- Sausage: Feel free to use ground beef, ground chicken or turkey. You can also make this rotel dip with cream cheese but without sausage or other meats.
- Vegetables: It’s your dip so add any of your favorite veggies. Sautéed bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, mushrooms or onions are popular choices.
- Tomatoes: One way you can adjust the heat level is by changing up the type tomatoes you use. You can add more heat by making it with extra spicy Rotel tomatoes, mild ones or even regular tomatoes without the green chilies.
- Cheese: One of the keys to giving this sausage dip recipe a gooey consistency is to use full fat cream cheese along with a combination of other melting cheeses, like cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella or Monterey Jack. White cheddar makes a wonderful white queso type dip. You can use any combination or all of them, just don't skip the cream cheese.
What Can I Serve with Queso Dip?
You can serve this dip over a grilled burger, shrimp, or chicken as part of an entree. But if you're serving it as a dip, here are some low carb dippable ideas:
- Homemade Keto Tortilla Chips
- Slices of toasted keto bagels
- Colorful slices of bell pepper
- Raw celery sticks
- Fresh cauliflower or broccoli florets
- Pork rinds
What Can I Substitute for Velveeta in Rotel Dip?
By using cream cheese with a combination of other melty cheeses, you will get that smooth and creamy texture that you look for with Velvetta (minus all the bad ingredients).
More Keto Appetizers
- Dill Pickled Devilled Eggs
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Keto Crab Cakes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Sausage Rotel Dip
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, hot or regular
- 10 ounce can Fire Roasted Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a skillet to medium and add in the sausage. Brown the sausage, making sure to break it up into small pieces.
- Drain any excess fat, then stir in the smoked paprika and cumin.
- Allow them to toast for about 20 seconds, then add in the cream cheese.
- Once melted, add in the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is melted and well combined. Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.