Homemade, deliciously tender and mouth watering gluten-free Keto Crab Cakes with spicy Remoulade Sauce are super quick and easy to make!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Lump jumbo crab takes center stage in these gluten free crab cakes. They are loaded with so much flavor, fried until golden brown then topped with a remoulade sauce that has the most amazing balance of spice.
The wonderful thing about this Keto Crab Cake recipe is it uses very little filler and is made with 100% Keto friendly ingredients.
They are absolutely the best low carb crab cakes you'll every make. They're perfect served along side a salad, as an appetizer or for as an extra decadent side next to a Grilled Steak.
What's in Gluten Free Crab Cakes
- Jumbo crab meat
- Roasted red peppers
- Almond flour
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Prepared horseradish
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Crab Cakes
To Make the Remoulade Sauce
Add all the remoulade sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk until they are well combined, then set aside so the flavors can meld while you make the crab cakes.
To Make the Crab Cakes
Add the mayonnaise, egg, almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, lemon juice and zest to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Gently fold in the crab meat, chives and roasted peppers until combined.
Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium and add in the butter and olive oil.
Using a cookie scoop, form the crab cakes and set them on a plate lined with parchment paper.
Sauté the crab cakes for a few minutes on each side, or until they are nice and golden.
Serve with the remoulade sauce on the side and wedges of lemon.
Tips for The Best Keto Crab Cakes
- What if my crab cakes are too loose? Some crab meat contains more liquid than other so be sure you drain the liquid well before mixing in the other ingredients. If they appear to still be too loose, add a little more almond flour, a teaspoon at time, until they reach the desired consistency. You can also place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour, before frying them, to allow the flour to soak up the extra moisture.
- Can I Make Crab Cakes in Advance? You can do this a couple of ways. Precooked crab cakes can be frozen by doing a quick pre-freeze. Place them on a sheet pan and allow them to freeze for about an hour before wrapping them tightly. Thaw completely before cooking. Likewise, you can freeze leftover crab cakes by wrapping them well and placing them in a airtight container for up to a couple of months.
- Can I change up the spices? This gluten free crab cake recipe is so easy to alter to suit your own taste. If you like extra spicy crab cakes, add a little cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the mix.
- Can I use imitation crab? The quick answer is no. The reason is because imitation crab has totally different texture. It also typically has added sugar and preservatives not recommended for Keto.
- What other sauce is good with Keto crab cakes? If you would like to serve additional sauce with this Crab Cake recipe, this Keto Bang Bang Sauce is amazing. For something a little less spicy, this homemade Tartar Sauce is a tasty option.
What are the Carbs in Crab? Are Crabs Keto?
Crab meat is very low in carbs. For a two ounce serving, there's one total carb in crab with one gram of fiber. With zero net carbs, it's a perfect for a Keto protein.
What To Serve with this Keto Crab Cake Recipe
Even though crab cakes can be served as an appetizer, they are most often served as an entrée. Here are some all time favorite Keto sides to serve with them:
- Grilled Broccolini
- Ranch Roasted Cauliflower
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Asparagus
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Keto Greek Salad
- Green Beans Almondine
More Keto Seafood Recipes
- Broiled Lobster with Compound Butter
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Grilled Cajun Shrimp Skewers
- Chipotle Lime Salmon Foil Packets
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
For the Crab Cakes
- 1 pound jumbo crab meat
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ½ cup super fine almond flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Remoulade Sauce
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Pinch of salt
To Make the Remoulade Sauce
- Add all the remoulade sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk until they are well combined, then set aside so the flavors can meld while you make the crab cakes.
To Make the Crab Cakes
- Add the mayonnaise, egg, almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, lemon juice and zest to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in the crab meat, chives and roasted peppers until combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium and add in the butter and olive oil.
- Using a cookie scoop, form the crab cakes and set them on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Sauté the crab cakes for a few minutes on each side, or until they are nice and golden.
- Serve with the remoulade sauce on the side and wedges of lemon.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
This looks amazing!
Keto Cooking Christian