This delectable Air Fryer Italian Chicken recipe starts chicken perfectly seasoned with a zesty homemade Italian dressing mix. Cooked effortlessly in your air fryer until tender and juicy, your family will love it!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
- 🛒 What You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Italian Chicken
- 🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Italian Chicken
- Delicious Ways to Serve Air Fryer Chicken
- Can I Put Raw Chicken in My Air Fryer?
- Why is My Air Fryer Chicken Rubbery?
- Is Chicken OK on Keto?
- How Long Should You Cook Chicken in the Air Fryer?
- What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
- More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
- Chicken breasts air fried until tender and juicy
- Coated with flavorful Italian Dressing Mix
- Only 5 minutes of prep time
- Ready in under 20 minutes
- Family friendly
Take your next chicken dinner to a whole new level with this tender and juicy air fryer Italian chicken recipe. Seasoned perfectly, each bite is bursting with just the right amounts of a homemade herbs and spice blend that gives it wonderful touch of Italian flair.
Because this chicken is air fried, you can savor all the deliciousness without the need for excessive oil, or even having to heat up your oven. It's prepped and cooked in under 20 minutes, making it a healthy, low carb entree that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
One of the great things about this recipe is that the flavors are so versatile you can serve it with just about any healthy and delicious Keto side dish you prefer. I especially love to serve it with this simple Mediterranean Cucumber Salad.
🛒 What You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Italian Chicken
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Italian Chicken
Preheat air fryer to 380°F.
Brush the olive oil on all sides of each piece of chicken.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix on the chicken, making sure all sides are well coated.
Air fry for 10-12 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F, when checked with a meat thermometer.
Delicious Ways to Serve Air Fryer Chicken
- Serve the air fryer Italian chicken with a side of zoodles or Palmini noodles with homemade Alfredo Sauce.
- Create a healthy and hearty chicken Parmesan dish by topping the air fryer Italian chicken with melted mozzarella cheese and this homemade Marinara Sauce.
- Serve slices of this chicken in a sandwich with these Homemade Keto Buns, or as a wrap with these easy homemade Keto Tortillas with a drizzle of this Creamy Italian Dressing.
- Pair Italian chicken with a side of roasted or Grilled Zucchini, Asparagus or Broccolini. It's also amazing served with Oven Roasted Vegetables.
- Add extra protein to a Keto Salad by slicing the air fryer Italian chicken and arranging it on top with a drizzle of your favorite Keto Dressing.
- For real comfort food, serve the chicken over a bed of this Keto Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto.
Can I Put Raw Chicken in My Air Fryer?
Of course! Air fryers are designed to cook raw food quickly using hot air circulation. Raw chicken can be cooked safely and effectively in an air fryer, producing crispy and delicious results.
However, it is important to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the appropriate internal temperature to ensure it is safe to eat. The USDA recommends cooking chicken to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F to eliminate the risk of any harmful bacteria.
Why is My Air Fryer Chicken Rubbery?
Here are a few tips to ensure your air fryer chicken tourns out moist and juicy (not rubbery) each time:
- Avoid overcooking it. This is the number one cause for dry, rubbery chicken. Air fryers cook food quickly, so it's important to monitor it with a food thermometer.
- Cook it on the correct temperature. Most recipes call for you to cook it on 375°F to 400°F, based on your air fryer model.
- Always preheat the air fryer. Preheating the air fryer helps ensure even cooking and can prevent rubbery chicken. Allow the air fryer to preheat for a few minutes before adding the chicken to the basket.
- Don't overcrowd the basket. Overcrowding the air fryer basket can prevent proper air circulation and lead to uneven cooking. Make sure to leave enough space between the chicken pieces to allow hot air to circulate effectively.
Is Chicken OK on Keto?
Chicken is definitely great for Keto or any low carb diet. Because Keto is all about low carbs and high healthy fat, chicken fits right into that plan. It's low in carbs, high in protein, and can be used as a blank canvas for many healthy fats.
If you're looking for even more Keto chicken recipes, check these out:
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Citrus Glaze
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Tuscan Skillet
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Chicken
How Long Should You Cook Chicken in the Air Fryer?
The cooking time for chicken in an air fryer can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces, as well as the specific model of air fryer. However, as a general guideline, here are some estimated cooking times for most common cuts of chicken:
- Chicken breasts-boneless, skinless: Cook at 360°F to 380°F for approximately 10 to 18 minutes total cooking time.
- Chicken thighs-bone-in or boneless: Cook at 360°F to 380°F for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chicken wings: Cook at 360°F to 380°F for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, depending on how many you're cooking at once.
Note: Also keep in mind, that depending on the type of air fryer you have, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time may be required.
What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
For this recipe, I used the Smart K10 Air Fryer by Ultenic:
- Incredibly easy to use, with 11 preset buttons for fish, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.
- Smartphone app to control the air fryer
- Fully adjustable time and temperature buttons
- Preheat and keep warm function buttons
- Large capacity basket
- Very quiet while running
You can check out the Smart K10 Air Fryer here and use code: KETOAIRFRYER for an extra $20 OFF!
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Italian Chicken
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.