These tender and juicy Pan Fried Pork Chops are comfort food at its finest! And because they are prepared with a crispy gluten-free coating, they’re perfect for anyone on Keto or a low carb diet, but are so delicious the whole family will love them!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Pan Fried Pork Chops Recipe
- Quick and easy to prepare in just 15 minutes
- Flavorful crunchy breading on the outside, juicy and tender inside
- Family friendly and gluten-free
- Only 2 carbs per serving
When you think about the perfect fried pork chop, what comes to mind? For me, it has to be super tender and really juicy on the inside with a golden brown, crispy crust.
If you're on Keto or a gluten-free diet, a recipe that checks all those boxes may seem difficult. Boy, do I have good news for you! This pan-seared pork chop recipe checks all those boxes and then some!
And they could not be any easier to make, using simple ingredients and taking less than 15 minutes to prepare. Talk about an ideal weeknight dinner! And the best part is, even though these are Keto pork chops, they are 100% kid-approved!
A great thing about this recipe is they go perfectly with any low carb, Keto side dish you choose. You can serve them with something as easy as Grilled Broccolini or something a little heartier like this Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower, you just can't go wrong.
What You’ll Need to Make Pan Fried Pork Chops
- Pork chops
- Parmesan cheese
- Super fine almond flour
- Whole egg
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Pan Fry Pork Chops
Add the almond flour, parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a shallow bowl.
Whisk to combine.
In another shallow bowl, add in the egg. Dip each pork chop into the egg, allowing any excess to drip off.
Then dip the pork chop into the breading mixture to coat all sides.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add in the olive oil and butter.
Fry the pork chops for a few minutes on each side.
Cook until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F when checked with a meat thermometer and serve.
How to Store Pan Fried Chops
You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, but the coating on the chops will become soft and much less crispy once they've cooled. It's recommended you serve them when they are freshly fried and if you do have leftovers, reheating them in the air fryer will help bring back the crispy coating.
What Are the Best Keto Side Dishes to Serve with Fried Pork Chops?
You can serve them with just about anything, but here are some popular low carb sides for you to consider:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
How Many Carbs are in a Pan-Fried Pork Chop?
Traditional fried pork chops with a flour coating can have anywhere between 13-25 grams of carbs per serving!
Because you use a gluten-free and Keto friendly "breading" with these chops, there're only 2 net carbs per serving! How great is that?!
What Can I Use Instead of Flour to Fry Pork Chops?
The gluten-free, flour-free mixture in this recipe is great on pork chops, chicken and even shrimp. The combination of seasonings, almond flour and parmesan cheese works great to create a crust that will satisfy all those fried food cravings without all the carbs!
You can add in some pork rinds to this mixture, but they are perfectly crispy without them.
Tips for Cooking the Best Pork Chops
- Know the chop your cooking: All chops are not created equal. There are many different cuts and depending on the ones you buy, some may be better for quick cooking methods while other are better for slow and low braising methods.
- Let them sit out prior to cooking: Though this tip is debatable, from personal experience, allowing the chops to sit out for about 15 minutes prior to them hitting a sizzling skillet ensures they cook much more evenly.
- Season generously: Pork has a very neutral taste and requires seasoning prior to cooking to prevent the meat from tasting bland. Don't go overboard, but you'll want to make sure they are seasoned well.
- Invest in a meat thermometer: There is nothing that will turn you off of pork faster than biting into a chunk of undercooked or overcooked meat. The most reliable way to test the doneness of pork chops is by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chop. According to the USDA, the pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Give them a rest: Resting pork after it cooks is super important. This is especially true for pan fried pork chops. By allowing them to rest, it gives all the natural juices time to redistribute throughout the chop making them super moist.
- Avoid over-flipping: It can be hard to resist flipping them every couple of minutes, but you'll have better results with the crust sticking to the pork chops if you flip only once, halfway through.
Why are My Pan Fried Pork Chops Tough?
For this recipe, you’ll want to use thin cut boneless chops or thin bone-in chops like breakfast cut chops. The reason for that is the thicker they are, the longer they take to cook.
When cooking over direct heat with oil, the outside will begin to overcook and become dry and tough before the inside is done so you want them thin enough to fry up quickly. If the pork chops you purchased are too thick, you can just take a meat mallet and pound them out until they are about 1-inch thick.
How Long do You Pan Fry 1-Inch Pork Chops?
In general, it takes about 10 minutes or about 5 minutes on each side. To make sure, use a meat thermometer and cook them just until they reach 145°F.
More Keto Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Shake and Bake Keto Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Easy Stir Fry Pork
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Pan Fried Pork Chops
- 1 ½ pounds boneless pork chops
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup super fine almond flour
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Add the almond flour, parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a shallow bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another shallow bowl, add in the egg. Dip each pork chop into the egg, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Then dip the pork chop into the breading mixture to coat all sides.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add in the olive oil and butter.
- Fry the pork chops for a few minutes on each side.
- Cook until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F when checked with a meat thermometer and serve.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Leave a Comment or Review