Tender chunks of zucchini are perfectly seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese, then roasted until caramelized. This Air Fryer Zucchini is made in just 15 minutes, making it a quick and easy side dish!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Zucchini in the Air Fryer
- 🔪 How to Make Air Fried Zucchini
- 💡 Tips
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with Zucchini
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Do you Peel Zucchini?
- How Do You Cook Zucchini Without Getting Soggy?
- How Do You Dry Zucchini Before Cooking?
- Are Zucchini Keto Friendly?
- Is Zucchini High in Carbs?
- Is Air Fryer Good for Keto Diet?
- 🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Tender roasted zucchini
- Perfectly seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese
- Made in the air fryer in just 15 minutes
- Pairs with any protein that you like
- Quick and easy Keto side dish
Why roast zucchini in the oven, when you can air fry it and get that same wonderful crispy caramelized goodness? Air frying saves time and energy, plus during the warmer months, it’s nice to not have to use the big oven and heat up the whole kitchen.
If you’re new to air frying, this is a great air fryer beginner recipe to try. Made with just a handful of ingredients and a few easy steps to prep, this easy Keto side dish can be made in only 15 minutes from start to finish. It pairs perfectly with just about any protein that you make.
If you happen to have a larger air fryer or air fryer oven, you can even make your protein together with the zucchini and save even more time! Air Fryer Pesto Salmon, Italian Chicken, Steak Bites and Chicken Thighs are all great options to do this with.
🛒 Ingredients for Zucchini in the Air Fryer
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Air Fried Zucchini
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the zucchini.
Wash, dry and slice your zucchini into semi-thick slices, just shy of an inch, then cut into half moons.
Dry the cut zucchini, then add them to a mixing bowl.
Pour the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic salt and ground black pepper over the top.
Toss until well combined. Add in the parmesan cheese and toss again, making sure all the pieces all well coated.
Pour into a single layer, with no pieces overlapping.
Air fry for 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden, then serve.
- Don’t add too much olive oil. This will cause the zucchini to become soggy.
- Grate your own parmesan cheese. Finely grated parmesan cheese works best as it melts over the zucchini giving it a nice delicate crust.
- Space the zucchini apart to allow air to circulate around all sides of the zucchini. This will ensure that it crisps up perfectly.
- Dry your zucchini before adding the spices and olive oil. Otherwise the olive oil and spices won’t stick properly.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
🍴 What to Serve with Zucchini
As I mentioned earlier, this easy zucchini recipe will pair nicely with just about any protein that you like. These are a few of my favorite Keto main dishes to pair with:
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- Crockpot Meatloaf
- Cast Iron Steak and Mushrooms
- Pan-Fried Pork Chops
- Maple Glazed Salmon
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you don’t have parmesan cheese, you can use Romano or Asiago instead.
- Paprika can be substituted for smoked paprika, if you don't care for the smokiness.
- For a kick of heat, add in a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- For more Italian flavor, add in a teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- If you don’t have olive oil, you can use avocado oil.
- For more of a breading, you can mix in some almond flour with the parmesan cheese.
- If you’d like to use a dipping sauce, try any of these Keto friendly dipping sauces: Zesty Dipping Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Bang Bang Sauce or Chipotle Aioli.
Do you Peel Zucchini?
For this and honestly, most recipes you do not need to peel zucchini. The skins are so thin and palatable.
How Do You Cook Zucchini Without Getting Soggy?
Zucchini has a lot of moisture that is released as it cooks. The key to preventing soggy zucchini is to roast it at a high temperature, so in this recipe that’s 400°F.
How Do You Dry Zucchini Before Cooking?
Since this zucchini cooks fairly quick, you only need to pat it dry with a paper towel. Unlike dishes like Zucchini Lasagna where it’s baked in the oven longer, you’d need to salt, then quickly roast thin slices before assembling the lasagna. That helps to dry out the zucchini and prevent it from becoming watery.
Are Zucchini Keto Friendly?
For sure! Not only is it low in carbs and high in fiber, but it’s also good for you! You can read up on the health benefits of zucchini in this article.
Is Zucchini High in Carbs?
Not at all! There are only 4 net carbs in one cup of zucchini, making it ideal for a Keto or low carb diet. I use zucchini in a number of dishes like:
- Zucchini Fries
- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- Grilled Zucchini with Feta and Pine Nuts
- Zucchini Rollatini
- Zucchini Fritters
Is Air Fryer Good for Keto Diet?
Absolutely! There are so many Keto Air Fryer recipes that we get to enjoy, while still keeping the carbs low. Below, I’ve listed some of my favorites.
🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Zucchini
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the zucchini.
- Wash, dry and slice your zucchini into semi-thick slices, just shy of an inch, then cut into half moons.
- Dry the cut zucchini, then add them to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic salt and ground black pepper over the top. Toss until well combined.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and toss again, making sure all the pieces all well coated. Pour into a single layer, with no pieces overlapping.
- Air fry for 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden, then serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.