Sugar free maple syrup comes together with lime and garlic basted over tender salmon filets making the best Maple Glazed Salmon recipe you've ever tasted!
If you love salmon as much as I do, then you've probably tried it prepared many ways. But, if you are wanting a truly decadent, mouth-watering, Keto salmon recipe that beats all other salmon recipes, you just need to try it with the flavors this maple glaze provides.
Once the sugar free glaze is basted over the filets and they begin to sear, and then something absolutely amazing happens. A sweet and crunchy crust forms and turns regular pan seared salmon into something extraordinary.
Another great thing about this Keto salmon recipe, other than the out of this world flavor, is that is cooks up in a flash which is perfect for a quick and easy but healthy meal on busy weeknights.
What's in Maple Glazed Salmon
- Sugar free maple syrup
- Brown monk fruit/allulose
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Light olive oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Sugar Free Maple Glazed Salmon
Preheat oven to 450F.
Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high. Add the olive oil to the skillet, salt the salmon and add them in skin side up (if your salmon has skin).
Sear for a few minutes, or until you get a nice crust.
Turn off the heat and carefully flip the salmon over.
Pour the mixture over each piece of the salmon, making sure they are well coated.
Place them in the oven on the top ⅓ rack and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. The time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon. Spoon some of the maple glaze over the top and serve.
How to Know When Salmon Is Done
This pan seared salmon recipe is finished off in the oven. But it'll only take a few minutes. Salmon is best cooked to the medium stage.
You can tell that it's done when you take a fork and lightly insert it and twist apart the center most section of the fish. The color will be a light pink and will separate easily along the white lines of the fish. If it's still a dark pink, give it just another few minutes and test it again.
Is Salmon Healthy? Is Salmon Keto?
If you have wondered if salmon is good for you, the answer is YES! It's a great source of healthy fat and protein. It's loaded with vitamin B12, potassium and other nutrients like iron and vitamin D.
It's also rich in omega-3, "which have been shown to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease," according to this article on Healthline.com.
And salmon is basically carb-free making it an awesome meal on Keto.
Tips for Buying and Cooking Salmon
- Take a look at the flesh of the fish: Regardless of which type you purchase, fresh salmon, in the grocery store, should be moist and the edges shouldn't be dried or curling up.
- Know your salmon: Have you ever wondered the difference in pink salmon and sockeye? All salmon boosts a long list of health benefits, but sockeye edges out as the winner on nutrition. It contains about 25% more omega-3 than pink salmon.
- Cook while fresh: When purchasing fresh salmon, whole filet or portions, it is best to cook it on the same day for optimal freshness.
- Don't overcook it: Salmon can become rubbery and dry when it's overcooked. Salmon cooks really fast so keep a watch on it. It's done when it just become flakey. The USDA recommends an internal temp of at least 145F to be considered safe to eat.
Keto Side Dishes to Serve with Maple Glazed Salmon
Looking for Keto side dishes that pair well with low carb Maple Glazed Salmon? I've got you covered! Check these out:
- Green Beans Almondine
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
More Keto Salmon Recipes
Because salmon is such a quick and easy meal idea, here are some other salmon recipes you can try when you're in a pinch to get dinner on the table in a flash:
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- Asian Glazed Salmon
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
- Easy Salmon Piccata with Spinach
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Maple Glazed Salmon
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high. Add the olive oil to the skillet, salt the salmon and add them in skin side up (if your salmon has skin). Sear for a few minutes, or until you get a nice crust.
- Turn off the heat and carefully flip the salmon over. Pour the mixture over each piece of the salmon, making sure they are well coated.
- Place them in the oven on the top ⅓ rack and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. The time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon.
- Spoon some of the maple glaze over the top and serve.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.