This Chipotle Aioli has a creamy texture and smoky kick of heat that compliments any dish. It's a super tasty low carb dipping sauce that's quick and easy to make!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Chipotle Aioli Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Chipotle Aioli
- 🔪 How to Make Chipotle Mayo
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴Ways to Use Chipotle Aioli
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- What is Chipotle Aioli made of?
- What is the Difference Between Chipotle Aioli and Chipotle Mayo?
- Is Aioli a Sauce or Dressing?
- Is Chipotle Sauce Very Spicy?
- 🍽️ More Keto Sauces
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Chipotle Aioli Recipe
- Chipotle pepper gives a nice smoky flavor
- Fresh lime and garlic round out this creamy sauce perfectly
- Great way to add a spicy kick to just about any dish
- Made in just few minutes
Wonderfully flavorful chipotle peppers are the star of this homemade chipotle aioli. If you've spent any time on this site, you'll know that I use chipotle peppers in quite a few recipes like Smoky Chipotle Lime Grilled Chicken, Homemade Taco Meat, Chipotle Lime Salmon Packets and even a Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce!
So you see, smoked chipotle peppers gives such great flavor to any dish you add them in. This homemade chipotle sauce is an easy to make low carb condiment that you'll find yourself using again and again! I have included some creative ways to use it down below.
🛒 Ingredients for Chipotle Aioli
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Chipotle Mayo
Add the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, adobo sauce and salt into the bowl of a mini chopper.
Tip: If you don't have a mini chopper, you can use a mixing bowl and whisk. Just make sure to chop your chipotle pepper as fine as you can.
Mix until everything is well combined.
Tip: This is not a thick spreadable sauce, so if you want it on the thicker side, add another 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. If you want to use as more of a sauce to drizzle, add another ½-1 tablespoon of lime juice or water to the original recipe to get your desired consistency.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftover chipotle aioli in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week.
🍴Ways to Use Chipotle Aioli
Chipotle Aioli, also known as Chipotle Mayo has so many great uses! Here are a few of my favorite ways to use it:
- Smear it on the bun of a Smash Burger
- Dollop some over a Taco Casserole or Taco Salad
- Drizzle some over scrambled eggs
- Use as a dipping sauce for Chicken Patties, Chicken Tenders, Fried Pickles, Fried Zucchini and Fried Shrimp
- Use as a replacement for the sauce in these Salmon Patties
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you prefer not to use mayonnaise, you can substitute with either Greek yogurt or sour cream. Keep in mind that both of these options are a little tangy, so it will change the flavor slightly.
- If you don't have any limes on hand, you can sub with fresh lemon juice.
What is Chipotle Aioli made of?
The two main ingredients in a chipotle aioli are smoked chipotle peppers (in the can) and mayonnaise.
What is the Difference Between Chipotle Aioli and Chipotle Mayo?
Chipotle Aioli and Chipotle Mayo are essentially the same thing. If you want to get technical, aioli is typically made with olive oil, while mayonnaise is typically made with a more neutral tasting oil.
Is Aioli a Sauce or Dressing?
Aioli is more of a sauce, however, you can easily use it as a base to make a dressing, which will be thinner in consistency. If you like a vinaigrette, try my Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette!
Is Chipotle Sauce Very Spicy?
It's really not terribly spicy, but it does have little kick to it. If you are serving it to someone who is more sensitive to spicy foods, add a little more mayonnaise to tame the heat a little.
🍽️ More Keto Sauces
- Bearnaise Sauce
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Easy Cheese Sauce for Veggies
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Pesto
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
- Add the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, adobo sauce and salt into the bowl of a mini chopper.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Drizzle over fish tacos, taco casserole or as a dipping sauce for chicken patties to spice things up a little.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.