These easy to make Salmon Patties are crispy on the outside, tender and flaky inside, served with homemade creamy dill sauce that gives them tons of flavor!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Salmon Patties Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Salmon Cakes
- 🔪 How to Make Easy Salmon Patties
- 💡 Tips
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to make with Salmon Patties?
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- What can I use instead of breadcrumbs in salmon patties?
- How do you keep salmon patties from falling apart when frying?
- Is salmon OK for keto? How many carbs are in a salmon patty?
- What goes good on top of salmon patties?
- 🍽️ More Keto Salmon Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Salmon Patties Recipe
- Salmon patties are crispy on the outside, tender and flaky inside
- Flavorful mix of red bell pepper, chives and a lemon dill mixture
- Serve with a creamy dill sauce for dipping
- Made in under 30 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights
- Can be made with fresh or canned salmon
This is a great take on the old fashioned salmon patties recipe! It combines many of the traditional salmon patty flavors with a fresh and very flavorful homemade Creamy Dill Sauce. The sauce is not only served on the side as a salmon patties dipping sauce, but it's also IN the salmon patties too!
Using almond flour helps bind them together, so they won't fall apart on you and it's very low in carbs. These make a great easy Keto appetizer to serve at any get together that your guests will devour!
These Chicken Patties are also a great finger foods choice for parties, that your guests can easily grab and enjoy without utensils.
🛒 Ingredients for Salmon Cakes
- Fresh salmon
- Creamy Dill Sauce
- Almond flour
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh chives
- Fresh dill
- Whole egg
- Smoked paprika
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Easy Salmon Patties
How to Bake Salmon in the Oven
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4- 4 ounce pieces of salmon on a baking sheet lined with a baking rack, skin side down.
Brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. I added a little dried dill to mine, but this is completely optional.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through. If it’s a little undercooked, that’s ok because it will finish cooking in the skillet.
Add the ingredients for the Creamy Dill Sauce to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk to combine, then set aside 3 tablespoons to use inside the salmon patties. The rest will serve as the dipping sauce for the patties.
Flake the salmon apart using a fork and add it to a large mixing bowl.
Add in the reserved 3 tablespoons of the creamy dill sauce, along with the red peppers, fresh dill, chives, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, beaten egg, almond flour, lemon juice and zest.
Mix until well combined.
Using an ice cream scoop, form the patties and place them on the cooled baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Heat a large skillet to medium and add in the butter and olive oil.
Sauté the salmon patties for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
Serve with the remaining creamy dill sauce for dipping.
- You can use canned salmon instead if you'd like, just flake it apart and add it to a large mixing bowl. Then skip down to the next steps.
- When I make these, I always get the salmon in the oven to bake first, then prepare the other ingredients which saves me time.
- Using parchment paper helps prevent the salmon patties from sticking, while you fry them in batches.
- Use a mix of butter and olive oil when frying the salmon patties. The butter is for flavor and the olive oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Don't make them too large or you'll risk them falling apart when you go to flip them.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftover salmon patties in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze.
🍴 What to make with Salmon Patties?
There are so many great Keto friendly sides you can serve with these salmon patties, here are a few of my favorites:
- Easy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Easy Coleslaw
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you can't find chives, you can substitute with green onions or even Pickled Red Onions.
- To spice things up some, you can add some cayenne pepper or even replace the Creamy Dill Sauce with Bang Bang Sauce, as I did in making these Bang Bang Salmon Cakes.
- If you don't love the flavor of fresh dill, you can use fresh parsley instead.
- For a spicy kick. of flavor, instead of using bell pepper, try adding some pickled jalapeño peppers.
- If you don't have sour cream on hand for the Creamy Dill Sauce, you. can use. alow carb Greek yogurt instead.
What can I use instead of breadcrumbs in salmon patties?
In this Keto salmon patties recipe, a super fine almond flour is used to help bind the patties together. It's much lower in carbs than traditional breadcrumbs.
How do you keep salmon patties from falling apart when frying?
Between the egg and almond flour that I mentioned helps bind the patties together, making the salmon patties on the smaller side ensures that they won't fall apart whe you go to flip them.
Is salmon OK for keto? How many carbs are in a salmon patty?
Salmon is a quintessential superfood for anyone on a Keto diet. It's loaded with healthy fats in addition to having nearly zero carbs. There are only 3 net carbs per serving of these low carb salmon cakes, making them ideal for Keto.
What goes good on top of salmon patties?
These are best served with a healthy dollop of the Creamy Dill Sauce. But you could also add some pickled red onions or Mexican Coleslaw over the tops. You could even serve them as sliders with these Keto Dinner Rolls and top with lettuce and tomato.
🍽️ More Keto Salmon Recipes
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- Asian Glazed Salmon
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
- Easy Salmon Piccata with Spinach
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
- 16 ounces fresh salmon, or canned
- 1 batch Creamy Dill Sauce
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, minced
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through. If it’s a little undercooked, that’s ok because it will finish cooking in the skillet. While the salmon is baking you can prepare the other ingredients for the patties.
- Add the ingredients for the Creamy Dill Sauce to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine, then set aside 3 tablespoons to use inside the salmon patties. The rest will serve as the dipping sauce for the patties.
- Flake the salmon apart using a fork and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the reserved 3 tablespoons of the creamy dill sauce, along with the red peppers, fresh dill, chives, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, beaten egg, almond flour, lemon juice and zest. Mix until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add in the butter and olive oil. Sauté the salmon patties for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with the remaining creamy dill sauce for dipping.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.