Perfect for your next party or game day, these mozzarella sticks are oozing with cheesy goodness!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Take them to the next level by dipping them in this Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce .
These are crunchy, gooey and oh so satisfying!
The breading that used for these Keto fried cheese sticks is super easy to make and is packed with flavor! It's so versatile and can be used for just about anything you decide to fry.
These are a great low carb party appetizer.
Ingredients for Low Carb Fried Cheese
- Mozzarella sticks
- Almond flour
- Pork rinds
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Ground pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cheese Sticks
If you're short on time, you can use pork panko. It works equally as well.
Set up your breading station with the mozzarella sticks, beaten eggs and breading mixture.
Dip each stick into the egg, then breading mixture, back into the egg and into the breading mixture again. Freeze for 30 minutes.
This Homemade Low Carb Marinara Sauce is a breeze to make and only takes a few minutes. You can make it while the mozzarella sticks are in the freezer.
After 30 minutes, heat some light olive oil (or mild flavored oil) in a skillet on medium high. Fry the mozzarella sticks for 3-4 minutes, then set on paper towels to cool slightly.
Serve with your favorite low carb marinara sauce, or make a batch of this Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce. Enjoy!
Are Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Good for You?
For those following Keto or low carb diets, mozzarella is a great source for healthy fat. It's also a good source of calcium and vitamin C, and each serving gives 8 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber with only 1 net carb!
Can I Air Fry Keto Cheese Sticks
You sure can! Proceed with the directions on how to coat the cheese. After it is been in the freezer for 30 minutes, place cook in your air fryer on 400F for about 5 minutes.
Check to see if the outside is crispy, if not, cook for an additional two minutes until done.
Can I Freeze Gluten Free Cheese Sticks
The answer is yes and no. Pre-fried Keto cheese sticks are perfect to leave in the freezer and then take out only what you want to fry at one time. Once they are fried, it is not recommended that you refreeze them.
Can I Use Other Types of Cheese for Keto Fried Cheese Sticks?
Because you freeze the cheese first, most any melting cheese, or soft cheese will work. Avoid hard cheeses like Parmesan because they just don't have a good melting point for frying.
More Keto Appetizers:
Mozzarella Sticks - Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- Grind your pork rinds in a food processor or mini chopper. Remove and set aside. Add cubes of parmesan cheese and grind till you get a granular consistency, like the pork rinds.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix using a hand whisk or fork, until well combined. Set up your breading station with the mozzarella sticks, beaten eggs and breading mixture.
- Dip each stick into the egg, then breading mixture, back into the egg and into the breading mixture again. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- If you are making homemade marinara sauce, you can make the sauce while the mozzarella sticks are in the freezer. See my recipe for my Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce .
- After 30 minutes, heat some light olive oil (or mild flavored oil) in a skillet on medium high. Fry the mozzarella stick for 3-4 minutes, then set on paper towels to cool slightly.
- Serve with your favorite low carb marinara sauce, or make a batch of my Quick Homemade Marinara Sauce . Enjoy!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.