These easy to make Keto Pumpkin Scones are loaded with fall pumpkin flavors topped off with a sweet vanilla cream icing! Perfect for a guilt-free breakfast, brunch or afternoon treat.
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Scones Recipe
- Easy to make
- Bold pumpkin flavors
- Sweet vanilla icing on top
- Perfect for breakfast or brunch
- Gluten-free and sugar-free
If you’ve ever wondered if Keto scones could possibly be as great as the ones you get from a coffee-house, then these homemade pumpkin scones are about to become your favorite go-to recipe! They come together so easily and have that perfect buttery and moist scone texture, just like traditional ones.
These homemade gluten-free scones are loaded with a wonderful warm pumpkin flavor that makes you immediately think of Autumn. The sugar-free vanilla icing provides them with just enough sweetness. They're a delicious guilt-free treat you can enjoy any time of the day!
Whether for breakfast, brunch or a dessert, these pumpkin spice scones are especially good served with a hot cup of tea or this Pumpkin Bulletproof Coffee. Once you see how easy these Keto scones are to make, you'll also want to try these Cranberry Orange Scones or these Blueberry Lemon Scones. They never disappoint!
🛒 What’s in Pumpkin Scones
- Almond flour
- Oat fiber
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown monk fruit/allulose
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Keto Scones
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Tip: Whisking not only combines the dry ingredients, but also helps break up any lumps.
In a separate bowl, mix together the monk fruit/allulose, eggs, butter, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula, just until combined.
Tip: Forming a round disk helps to roll out the dough into the perfect shape.
Cut the disc into 8 wedges (like a pizza), then gently separate the slices about an inch apart.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden, then set aside to cool.
Mix together the icing ingredients, adding just enough heavy cream to get a consistency that allows you to drizzle it.
Tip: Start by adding part of the cream, whisk, then add more if needed.
Once the almond flour pumpkin scones have cooled completely, drizzle the icing over the tops and serve.
Can I Eat Pumpkin in Keto Diet?
You sure can and it's good for you too! Pumpkin is a great source for vitamins A and C, E, iron folate and beta-carotene, it's low carb and high in fiber! It's the perfect low carb addition to this gluten-free pumpkin scone recipe.
Pumpkin may be slightly higher in carbs than some other fruits, there are still only 7 net carbs in an entire cup of fresh pumpkin. This whole recipe only uses ½ cup and there are 8 servings, making the carb impact minimal.
Does Almond Flour Affect Ketosis?
Almond flour is high in fat, low in carbs, and moderate in protein, which should not have an impact on Ketosis. It's a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and is 100% Keto approved.
Low Carb Pumpkin Scones Add-ins and Variations:
- Nuts: Add a little crunch to your pumpkin spice scone recipe with finely chopped pecan or walnuts.
- Citrus: Orange zest goes really well with pumpkin. You can add a little of the juice or use some orange extract in the icing if you'd like more orange flavor.
- Chocolate Chips: Who doesn't love a pumpkin chocolate chip flavor combo! Add about ⅓ cup sugar-free chocolate chips to the sugar free scones batter. You could also add white chocolate chips to make them tasty pumpkin white chocolate scones.
Why Didn't My Pumpkin Scones Rise?
By nature, these pumpkin scones with almond flour will not rise as high as other forms of pastries like cupcakes or muffins. The dough should rise just enough to give the scones a slightly dense but moist texture.
If your dough does not rise at all, then check the expiration date on your baking powder. That's the number one cause of scone dough not rising.
More Keto Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Chaffles
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- Pumpkin Bulletproof Coffee
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Pumpkin Scones
For the Scones
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the monk fruit/allulose, eggs, butter, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix with silicone spatula, just until combined.
- Cut the disc into 8 wedges (like a pizza), then gently separate the slices about an inch apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden, then set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the icing ingredients, adding just enough heavy cream to get a consistency that allows you to drizzle it.
- Once the scones have cooled completely, drizzle the icing over the tops and serve.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.