This healthy and delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bread is light, fluffy and loaded with chocolatey goodness! Serve it for breakfast or an afternoon snack and even the kids will be asking for seconds!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- What’s in Zucchini Bread
- How to Make Keto Zucchini Bread
- Can you Leave Zucchini Bread on the Counter?
- Can You Freeze Zucchini Bread?
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Variations
- Do I Leave the Skin on Zucchini for Zucchini Bread?
- Is Chocolate Zucchini Bread Keto?
- More Keto Chocolate Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Great way to sneak in veggies
- Perfectly moist and fluffy texture
- Easy to prepare with a few simple steps
- Gluten-free, low carb and kid friendly
One of my favorite summer veggies is zucchini. For one, it grows so easily that there's always an abundance of fresh zucchini throughout the summer months. But the main reason is its SUPER versatility!
From low carb side dishes like these Zucchini Fritters and main dish recipes like these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats to this amazing Zucchini Bread, there is no shortage of ways to incorporate it into healthy meal planning.
The gluten free zucchini bread recipe is made using sugar free chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa, ensuring every single bite is bursting with the most ultimate chocolate flavor.
And since there is a generous cup and a half of zucchini in this recipe, it's an ideal solution to get some green veggies in with your picky eaters!
What’s in Zucchini Bread
- Super fine almond flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Oat fiber
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Brown monk fruit/allulose
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Optional: Sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Zucchini Bread
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, oat fiber and baking powder.
Whisk to combine, then set aside.
In a larger mixing bowl, add in the eggs, sweetener, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Mix using a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients, then mix just until combined.
Fold in the grated zucchini. If you're adding in the optional chocolate chips, take ⅔ of them and fold them into the batter.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into slices.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can you Leave Zucchini Bread on the Counter?
Personally, I prefer to store mine in the refrigerator because it extends its freshness. But it will be fine left out on the counter for a day or two.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Bread?
Absolutely! All you have to do is double wrap it in plastic wrap and slip it down in a freezer safe bag. It should stay fresh for up to a few months.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Variations
Add-ins: If you like a little extra crunch, you can add about ½ of chopped pecan or walnuts to the bread batter. Another great add-in is espresso powder. It only takes about a teaspoon to really intensify the chocolate flavor.
Optional Toppings: For an extra special touch, you can drizzle the top with sugar free chocolate syrup, or a big dollop of homemade whipped cream.
Serving Suggestions: If you're serving this zucchini bread for breakfast, you could serve it with a simple side of fresh berries. For an afternoon snack, it's so delicious served with a scoop of this sugar free Coffee Chip Ice Cream or this Keto Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. But honestly, I love it just the way it is with a pat of butter!
Do I Leave the Skin on Zucchini for Zucchini Bread?
One of the beautiful things about zucchini bread is there is no need to fool with peeling the zucchini first. The skin all but melts into the bread as it bakes since it's so thin.
Is Chocolate Zucchini Bread Keto?
Not all zucchini bread can be considered a good option for Keto or low carb diets, as it depends on the ingredients used to make it. Here are some frequently asked questions about why this zucchini bread is a great choice:
Is Almond Flour Good on Keto?
It sure is! Made from finely ground almonds, minus the skin, it is almond flour is gluten-free, a great source of fiber and healthy fat and is typically a 1:1 substitution for regular flour.
Does Zucchini Bread Have Carbs? Is the Zucchini Keto?
With only 3 net carbs per serving, zucchini is considered very low carb and an excellent choice for those on Keto.
Are Chocolate Chips Okay for Keto?
Regular chocolate chips are loaded with sugar so they should be avoided. This recipe uses sugar free chocolate chips that taste every bit as good with the sugary ones!
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Lasagna
- Keto Chocolate Layer Cake
- Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oat fiber
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, finely grated
- ⅔ cup monk fruit/allulose
- ½ cup brown monk fruit/allulose
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 cup sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a larger mixing bowl, add in the eggs, sweetener, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix using a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients, then mix just until combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini. If you are adding in the optional chocolate chips, take ⅔ of them and fold them into the batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into slices.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.