Savory and delicious Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats are a great way to turn that amazing buffalo flavor into a healthy meal the whole family will love.
Talk about a great way to use fresh and nutritious summer zucchini! These chicken zucchini boats get a zesty low carb make over with a tangy, homemade Buffalo Sauce, gooey cheddar cheese and creamy blue cheese!
If you are a big fan of all things buffalo flavored, then these zucchini boats with chicken, buffalo style, are going to be right up your alley! The buffalo sauce works perfectly in contrast to the creaminess of the cheese.
Chicken zucchini boats are hearty enough to serve as a complete meal, but if you're feeding a crowd, they are great for a heavy appetizer.
What's in Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Ground chicken
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Heat a large skillet to medium and brown the ground chicken.
Stir in the buffalo wing sauce and cream cheese.
Add in the chives, ⅓ the cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
Stir until well combined, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Take each zucchini and slice them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides and either discard or use in another recipe like Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the tops, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until the zucchini are fork tender.
Can I Freeze Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats?
While they CAN be frozen, they truly are better when prepared and served fresh. That's because zucchini contains a lot of water causing the texture of the zucchini to alter and become mushy when it is frozen and reheated.
If you are looking for a short cut, you can make the chicken filling ahead of time and freeze it. Then when you are ready to make the zucchini boats, all you have to do is hollow out the zucchini halves and stuff them with the thawed chicken mixture.
Is Zucchini Keto? What are the Carb in Zucchini?
Zucchini are a healthy and low carb vegetable that many people on Keto enjoy! In a medium sized zucchini, there's approximately 6 grams of carbs. It has 2 grams of fiber making the net carbs in zucchini around 4 grams per serving.
What Can I Serve with Baked Zucchini Boats?
Stuffed zucchini boats are a complete meal all in one. But if you are wanting a little something extra to serve along side them here are some great Keto side dishes to consider:
- Classic Cobb with Ranch Dressing
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Brussels Sprout with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Asparagus
Tips for Making the Best Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Always start with fresh zucchini: Fresh zucchini will feel fairly firm with a slightly shiny peel. When you slice it open, the flesh should have consistent white or pale yellowish color.
- Storing zucchini: Zucchini will stay fresh for at least a week when it's store properly. You'll want to wash and dry the exterior of zucchini when you bring it home, then place it in the crisper in you fridge. It needs to stay in a cool place until you are ready to use it.
- Not a fan of blue cheese? If you don't like blue cheese, don't let that stop you from making this Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boat recipe. You can add additional cream cheese in its place. You can drizzle homemade Keto Ranch Dressing over the top for added flavor.
- Substitution for ground chicken: Feel free to use leftover shredded chicken or even rotisserie chicken if you prefer. You'll just want to be sure they chicken is chopped super fine so it fits nicely inside the zucchini.
- Don't forget the spray: Nothing can be more frustrating than seeing perfectly baked zucchini boats only to have them stick to the bottom of you dish. Be sure not to skip spraying the bottom of the casserole dish with non-stick spray.
More Keto Buffalo Recipes
Now that you have learned how to make the best ever homemade Buffalo Sauce, check out some of these recipes that will put it to delicious use:
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce & Dip
- Buffalo Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Heat a large skillet to medium and brown the ground chicken.
- Stir in the buffalo wing sauce, cream cheese, chives, ⅓ the cheddar cheese and blue cheese dressing. Stir until well combined, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take each zucchini and slice them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides and either discard or use in another recipe like Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the tops, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until the zucchini are fork tender.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.