This rich and creamy Keto Hot Chocolate is a quick and easy recipe that recreates a velvety smooth and chocolatey beverage. It's the perfect answer for warming you on a chilly night.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Keto Hot Chocolate
- 🔪 How to Make Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
- Is Cocoa Powder Allowed in Keto?
- Can I Make This Recipe Dairy Free?
- Can I Freeze this Hot Chocolate?
- Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Variations
- How to Make Crockpot Hot Cocoa
- More Keto Chocolate Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Rich chocolate flavor
- Creamy texture
- Easy to make in just a few minutes
- Sugar-free and kid friendly
A sweet, decadent and warming cup of hot chocolate is just what you need when there’s a chill in the air. But there’s no reason to grab one of those sugary, store-bought mixes that’s loaded with carbs.
With this Keto Hot Chocolate recipe, you can enjoy that same delicious chocolatey indulgence without feeling guilty!
This recipe uses cocoa powder and sugar-free chocolate chips that gives it the ultimate double-chocolate flavor. And the best part is, it’s made using simple ingredients that you probably hand, which means you can make a cup anytime the craving hits.
This hot chocolate makes a wonderful warm and sweet beverage that tastes so great, no one will ever know it's sugar free! Next time you have friends over, serve some with these Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies or Keto Butter Pecan Cookies for an extra special low carb treat they will fall in love with.
🛒 What’s in Keto Hot Chocolate
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
Once the mixture just starts to simmer, add in the sweetener.
Then the cocoa powder, then whisk.
Add in the chocolate chips, whisking constantly, continue to simmer until they have fully melted.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
Pour into your serving glasses and top with the (optional) whip cream. You can also garnish with some grated chocolate.
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
Is Cocoa Powder Allowed in Keto?
Yes, it sure is. Cocoa powder is deeply rich and flavorful and is a wonderful addition to many Keto dessert recipes. Because it is mostly fiber, for one whole tablespoon there is only one net carb.
Can I Make This Recipe Dairy Free?
You certainly can. It already uses almond milk which is naturally dairy free. You can replace the heavy cream with full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk in order make this recipe completely dairy free. It will give the hot chocolate a slight coconut flavor, but that’s a bonus if you ask me!
Can I Freeze this Hot Chocolate?
It almost sounds like a silly question but honestly, frozen hot chocolate is amazing! Just freeze leftover hot chocolate in ice cube trays. Once frozen, drop them into a freezer bag.
Then, when you're ready for an icy and refreshing beverage, drop a few cubes into the blender with an extra splash of almond milk. Blend until nice and smooth!
Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Variations
- This hot chocolate recipe would be perfect at Christmas with a drop or two of peppermint extract. You could even garnish the top of the whipped cream with finely crushed sugar free peppermint candy.
- For tasty Mexican hot chocolate, just add a pinch to chili powder (or cayenne for a stronger kick of heat) to your hot chocolate mixture while it’s simmering.
- If you’re a pumpkin spice latte fan, you can satisfy those cravings with adding about a tablespoon of this Pumpkin Spice mix to the warm mixture.
- Add even more chocolate goodness by adding a little cocoa powder to the homemade whipped topping! While you are beating the heavy cream just sprinkle in about a teaspoon or more, then continue to whip it until nice and thick.
- To intensify the chocolate flavor, you can add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder or coffee extract. It will not cause the hot chocolate to taste like coffee. Instead, it really gives the chocolate an extra boost of flavor.
- Chocolate and caramel go hand in hand! There are really great sugar-free caramel chocolate candy bars you can use instead of the chocolate chips. You can also drizzle a little of this Caramel Sauce over the top.
How to Make Crockpot Hot Cocoa
If you are serving a crowd for a holiday party and need more than 4 servings of this Keto Hot Cocoa, you can double or even triple the recipe and allow it to simmer on low until ready to serve. Keep in mind that chocolate will settle on the bottom, so keep stirring it until it's melted into the milk mixture.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Lasagna
- Keto Chocolate Layer Cake
- Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Hot Chocolate
- Once the mixture just starts to simmer, add in the sweetener and cocoa powder, then whisk.
- Add in the chocolate chips, whisking constantly, continue to simmer until they have fully melted.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into your serving glasses and top with the (optional) whip cream. You can also garnish with some grated chocolate.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.