This buttery Keto Orange Pound Cake has a perfectly moist texture and has a pop of fresh orange flavor! It's great to use in a trifle or with your afternoon tea.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Orange Pound Cake Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in this Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- 🔪 How to Make Low Carb Orange Pound Cake
- How Do I Store Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake?
- Is an Orange OK on Keto? Can I have Orange Juice on Keto?
- Orange Pound Cake Variations
- What is the Difference Between a Bundt Cake and a Pound Cake?
- More Keto Cake Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Orange Pound Cake Recipe
- Pop of fresh orange flavor
- Perfectly moist texture
- Great to use in a trifle
- Family friendly
- Freezes well
This Keto orange cake is so delicious, it's like having a little bit of sunshine in each bite. The rich buttery pound cake batter is beautifully balanced with citrus flavor, thanks to the juice and zest of fresh oranges.
The cake is finished off with a simple orange infused icing that is drizzled over the top, adding the perfect amount of sweetness. The texture and flavor are so close to traditional pound cake, no one will ever be able to tell it's made with all low carb ingredients.
🛒 What’s in this Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- Super fine almond flour
- Oat fiber
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Fresh squeezed orange juice & zest
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Low Carb Orange Pound Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and sweetener, then cream them together using a hand mixer until the butter has absorbed the sweetener and is fluffy.
Mix in the sour cream and once combined add in the eggs, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and almond extracts. Continue mixing until well combined.
Tip: If you don’t like a strong almond flavor, start with ¼ teaspoon and taste it. Then if you’d like to add more, you can add another ¼ teaspoon.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, just until combined.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow your low carb orange cake to cool before slicing.
Once the pound cake has cooled, whisk together the icing ingredients.
Drizzle over the top of the pound cake and allow the icing to set before slicing and serving.
How Do I Store Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake?
Fridge: This sugar free orange cake stores very well in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
Freezer: You can also freeze this cake for several months. For convenience you can wrap individual slices in plastic wrap, then slip them down into a freezer-safe bag.
To Thaw: When you’re ready to serve, take out the slices as you need them and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes or until completely defrosted.
Is an Orange OK on Keto? Can I have Orange Juice on Keto?
If you know a thing or two about Keto, then you know oranges contain a fair amount of natural sugar and are not necessarily considered the best choice in low carb fruits.
But that doesn't mean you have to miss out. Because orange juice is so flavorful, it doesn't take much to give an entire cake plenty of orange essence.
This Keto orange cake recipe is the perfect example. The entire recipe only uses just over ¼ cup of fresh orange juice with 6.5 carbs. This keto recipe for orange pound cake makes 12 servings which means the juice adds just a little over .5 net carb per slice.
Orange Pound Cake Variations
- Add some crunch: Toasted slivered almonds are the perfect way to add a delightful crunch to your pound cake. You can either bake them into the batter or just sprinkle them on top of the glaze.
- Chocolate sauce: There is something extra special about the combination of chocolate and oranges. If you want to add an extra touch of decadence, drizzle a little bit of this homemade, sugar-free Chocolate Sauce over the top of the cake. Or you can serve a small ramekin of it on the side and let everyone drizzle their own.
- Chocolate chips: Just like with the sauce, chocolate and orange flavors go hand in hand. Add about ¼ cup sugar free semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter to give the cake a little chocolatey goodness.
- Lemon orange pound cake: Add even more citrus flavor to this almond flour orange pound cake with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in the icing instead of the orange juice. You can also add some fresh lemon zest for garnish.
- Cranberry orange cake: Cranberry and orange is another classic flavor combo. If you have fresh cranberries on hand, just fold in about ½ cup into the batter and bake.
What is the Difference Between a Bundt Cake and a Pound Cake?
A pound cake gets its name because originally it was baked in a large tube type pan using a batter that has a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, a pound of eggs, and a pound of flour. Of course, pound cakes now come in all types of shapes and sizes and the amounts of ingredients have changed accordingly. Regardless of the size, they are still a denser cake than a bundt cake.
A bundt cake gets its name from the type of pan used to bake it. The pans are ring-shaped and highly decorative. The word "Bundt" in German is "bundkuchen," which roughly translates into “a cake for gatherings," because they were originally large full-size cakes. While they are still slightly denser than sponge cake, they are considerably lighter in texture than a pound cake.
More Keto Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Lemon Curd Layer Cake
- Pound Cake
- Lemon Ricotta Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Orange Pound Cake
For the Cake
For the Icing
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit/allulose
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons heavy cream, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and sweetener, then cream them together using a hand mixer until the butter has absorbed the sweetener and is fluffy.
- Mix in the sour cream and once combined add in the eggs, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and almond extracts. If you don’t like a strong almond flavor, start with ¼ teaspoon and taste it. Then if you’d like to add more, you can add another ¼ teaspoon. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, just until combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Once the pound cake has cooled, whisk together the icing ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the pound cake and allow the icing to set before slicing and serving.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.