This Keto pound cake is so buttery and sweet and the texture is perfectly dense and moist just like pound cake should be!
There are few desserts that are more perfect that a decadent pound cake. As the buttery pound cakes begins to bake in your oven, the unbelievably tantalizing aroma that fills your entire kitchen lets you know this is going to be one of the best low carb cake recipes you'll ever make! It's just that AH-mazing!
Once the mouth-watering Keto pound cake cools, serve it with a big dollop of fresh sugar-free whipped cream and some fresh berries of your choice.
Making desserts during the week can just seem too time consuming. Using less than 10 ingredients this Keto pound cake is so easy to make and can be ready in under an hour, making it the perfect week night homemade dessert.
What's in Keto Pound Cake
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Pound Cake with Almond Flour
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, add in the butter and Swerve confectioners, then whip using a hand mixer until fluffy.
Add in the sour cream and continue mixing.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, just until well combined.
If the top starts to brown too much, gently tent it with foil for the remainder of your baking time.
Once done, allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before you turn it on on a cooling rack to completely cool. Because cake made with almond flour is usually very tender, cooling it completely before slicing is an important step to ensure it doesn't break apart.
Can You Have Cake on Keto?
Any cake made with traditional flour and sugar is, without question, is not recommended for Keto or a low carb diet. Pound cake, for instance has approximately 60 grams of carbs per serving! WOW, right? That's a whole lotta carbs for one slice of cake.
But this Keto pound cake, made with almond flour, comes to the rescue! With only 3 net carbs per serving, this gluten free pound cake is a perfect low carb treat. And trust me, you will not feel deprived from enjoying cake when you give this recipe a try.
Does Keto Pound Cake Need to be Refrigerated?
Technically, this pound cake does not have to be stored chilled; however, it will stay fresh longer if kept in the fridge in an air tight container. If you want to make this recipe in advance, it can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Ways to Enjoy Gluten Free Pound Cake
Wanting to take your Keto pound cake to the next level? Try some of these suggestions for ways to use your new favorite pound cake recipe:
- Ever heard of pound cake French toast? Well, you should give it a try for a super decadent breakfast. Because this recipe already has eggs in the recipe, there's no need for an egg wash. All you have to do it smear room temp butter on sliced pieces of pound cake and sprinkle with a little cinnamon and granular sugar substitute like Allulose or Swerve. Put the buttered pound cake in a warm non-stick skillet and cook until slightly browned. Drizzle with your favorite sugar-free maple syrup.
- Make a rich and decadent trifle with any of your favorite flavored Keto mousse or sugar-free sauces. You can use layers of Strawberry Coconut Mousse or this quick and easy Lemon Curd to make one amazing dessert.
- Drizzle fresh sugar-free berry coulis or sauce to give pound cake a fresh punch of flavor. This homemade Strawberry Sauce, Blueberry Sauce or Raspberry Sauce are all sugar-free and are super easy to make.
- Chocolate fan? Homemade Sugar-free Nutella is AH-mazing and really adds so much chocolatey flavor to the pound cake. You can heat up a slice of pound cake in the microwave for just a few seconds then give it a generous smear of Keto nutella...YUM!
- One of my most favorite ways to use Keto pound cake is making it into strawberry shortcake. Thin slices with strawberries and fresh cream layered in a deep casserole or soufflé dish is an easy dessert but will have your guests thinking you spent all day in the kitchen!
More Keto Cake Recipes
- Keto Coffee Crumb Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Blueberry Crumb Loaf
- Keto Lemon Curd Layer Cake
- Keto Blackberry Crumb Cake
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a separate bowl, add in the butter and Swerve confectioners, then whip using a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the sour cream and continue mixing. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.