Sweet creamy strawberries and coconut cream, whipped up into a mousse to enjoy in under 5 minutes!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
If you are craving something sweet, but don’t have a lot of time to prepare, this one is for you! It has a burst flavor from the fresh strawberries and texture from the shredded coconut.
This mousse was inspired by my Strawberry Coconut Cream Bars. I wanted the same wonderful flavors, but in a dessert that was quick and easy to prepare. This low carb dessert only takes 5 minutes to make and it could not be easier!
What’s in Strawberry Coconut Mousse
- Coconut cream (see note below)
- Mascarpone cheese
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heavy cream
- Swerve confectioners
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Strawberry Coconut Mousse
Refrigerate a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk over night so that the cream separates from the water and solidifies. The cream at the top is what you want, should be thick and creamy. Once the cream has separated, measure out 1/2 cup and discard the water.
Pulse the unsweetened shredded coconut in a mini food chopped until it is finely shredded.
Add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Scrape down the sides and continue mixing until well combined.
Serve with shredded coconut sprinkled over the top and garnish with a strawberry. Enjoy!
That is literally all there is to it! This is one of those desserts that look like you spend a lot of time preparing it but it only takes minutes. And the best part is, the flavors will impress everyone, not just your Keto eaters.
Are There Carbs in Mascarpone Cheese?
Mascarpone cheese is a low carb creamy Italian cheese. It is similar to cream cheese but has a milder flavor. It also has more fat but less carbs than cream cheese.
There is only 1 net carb per 2 ounce serving of Mascarpone cheese. It’s truly the perfect Keto cheese choice.
Are Strawberries Keto?
There are 9 net carbs in strawberries. They have a low glycemic index making them an acceptable option for recipes or even a snack on Keto and low carb diets.
Variations for Strawberry Coconut Mousse
This mousse is absolutely perfect just the way it is! However, its also very versatile and you can adjust it easily to suit your tastes. Here are some ideas to give you inspiration:
- If you can’t find Mascarpone, you can always use cream cheese. This causes the mousse to have a little more tart flavor and it has more carbs, so take that into account with your macros.
- If you don’t care for coconut, you can omit the shredded coconut and the coconut cream but you will need to adjust the amount of heavy whipping to get it to the consistency you want.
- Get creative! Add raspberries, blackberries or blueberries, you can even omit the berries all together and add a little of this easy to make 5 minute lemon curd!
More Keto Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Meringue Cookies
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Strawberry Cream Tart
- Strawberry Shortcake Mug Cake
If you’d like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you’ll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I’m offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Strawberry Coconut Cream Mousse – Keto and Low Carb
- Refrigerate a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk over night so that the cream separates from the water. The cream at the top is what you want, should be thick and creamy.
- Once the cream has separated, measure out 1/2 cup and discard the water. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and continue processing until well combined. Serve with shredded coconut sprinkled over the top and garnish with a strawberry. Enjoy!