This smooth and creamy cheesecake has an elegant touch of strawberry sauce over the top. It tastes every bit as good as traditional cheesecake!
This gluten free cheesecake recipe has a buttery, almond flour crust and a rich and sweet, cream cheese filing with an extra burst of flavor from a delicious strawberry sauce drizzled over the top.
I made this for my mother (also on Keto), at her request, since she is visiting us from out of state. Well, I knew I had to make it special and it turned out amazing!!
This recipe has a special touch with the Homemade Strawberry Sauce hearts baked right into the cheesecake.
You can skip that step if you'd like and use the sauce as a delicious low carb cheesecake topping and drizzle it over the top, once it's cooled and set. Or if you love strawberries as much as I do, you can do both!
What's in Keto Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Super fine almond flour
- Grass-fed unsalted butter
- Swerve confectioners
- Vanilla bean paste
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon Zest
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping
For the Gluten Free Cheesecake Crust
Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
Add the almond flour, butter, egg, Swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
Place the dough in a 9" spring form pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Press out the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan.
Prick the dough with a fork and cover with parchment paper. On top of the parchment paper use either pie weights or dried beans to prevent the crust from forming air pockets.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then allow it to cool slightly.
For the Low Carb Cheesecake Filling
Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 2 minutes.
Then add the eggs one at a time, with the mixer running, then add the Swerve slowly and mix until combined.
Mix in the vanilla, sour cream and lemon zest.
Continue mixing for 2 minutes until well combined.
Wrap several layers of aluminum foil around the bottom and up the sides of the pan that your crust is in.
Pour the batter into the crust and place the pan inside a larger pan with high sides.
Dollop the Strawberry Sauce (or you can use seedless Keto friendly jam) around the top in a circle.
Drag a wooden skewer through the center of each circle, making heart shapes.
The Strawberry Sauce pattern is up to you. You can make hearts or just make a swirled pattern by dragging the skewers through the dollops of sauce in random strokes.
Pour boiling water half way up the sides of the cheesecake pan, then bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven. It should still have a slight jiggle in the center. Being very careful, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cheesecake from the edges of the pan.
Turn off the oven and slightly crack the door open. Put the cheesecake back into the oven to cool for another 60 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for and additional 20-30 minutes. Then cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until completely set and there is no more jiggle.
Serve with some strawberry sauce over the top and enjoy!
Are There Carbs in Cheesecake?
By using Swerve as your sweetener and swapping out the all-purpose flour for almond flour, you can have a delicious sugar free cheesecake with minimal carbs. This recipe has 5 net carbs per serving. You can't beat that for a such a decadent dessert!
Is Cheesecake Keto?
Cheesecake is one dessert that is easily adaptable into a Keto friendly version. The ingredients that make cheesecake so rich and creamy, like cream cheese and sour cream, are a really good source of fat for those following Keto.
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Cheesecake
- Always use full fat cream cheese. It's all about quality ingredients when you’re making a Keto cheesecake recipe. Low fat cream cheese has fillers that can cause a cheesecake to very easily flop. The more fat, the creamier the cheesecake will be.
- To prevent lumpy cheesecake, set the cream cheese out on the counter and allow it to come completely to room temperature before mixing.
- Don’t skip the sour cream. Not only does the tanginess of sour cream balance out the flavor of cream cheese, it helps add a smoother texture.
- Refrain from over mixing the batter. When you overmix the batter, air pockets will form, which will not only make your Keto cheesecake look unattractive when bubbles rise to the top during baking, the added air can cause them the crack.
- Another way to prevent cracking is don’t over bake it. This low carb cheesecake will still have a slight jiggle in the center when its done, but the edges will be set.
- In order to get clean slices, the most important thing is to allow the strawberry cheesecake to cool completely. Cut them with a sharp knife and clean the knife in between cuts.
More Keto and Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Keto Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
For the Crust
To Make the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the almond flour, butter, egg, swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough into a 9" springform pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, and press out..
- Prick the dough with a fork and cover with parchment paper and either pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool slightly.
To Make the Filling
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, with the mixer running, then add the swerve slowly. Add in the vanilla, sour cream and lemon zest. Continue mixing for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Wrap several layers of aluminum foil around the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Pour the batter into the crust and place the pan inside a larger pan with high sides.
- *Optional: Dollop the Strawberry Sauce (or you can use seedless Keto friendly jam) around the top in a circle. Drag a wooden skewer through the center of each circle, making heart shapes. If you prefer, you can drizzle the Strawberry Sauce (click here for the recipe) over the top of the cooked and chilled cheesecake instead.
- Pour boiling water half way up the sides of the cheesecake pan, then bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and you should have a slight jiggle in the cheesecake. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cheesecake. Turn off the oven and slightly crack the door open. Leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool for another 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Then cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until completely set and there is no more jiggle.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.60% OFF KETO EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.