These vanilla and chocolate cheesecake bars are as tasty as they are beautiful! They are surprisingly easy to make and take less than 45 minutes to prepare!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
There’re few Keto cream cheese recipes that are more popular than cheesecake. These vanilla and chocolate swirled cheesecake bars are so decadent, yet so easy to make.
The only hard part is allowing them to chill in the fridge before eating them! But trust me, the wait is so well worth it!
They’re not only delicious, the swirled flavors make a beautiful presentation. This low carb cheesecake bar recipe is great to serve at your next get together or bring to a party and no one will even know they are Keto/low carb!
Ingredients to Make Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Super fine almond flour
- Grass-fed unsalted butter
- Swerve confectioners
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Sour cream
How to Make Low Carb Vanilla and Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
To Make the Gluten Free Cheesecake Crust
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add the almond flour, butter, egg, swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
How to Make Low Carb Cream Cheese Filling
Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix.
Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the Swerve slowly.
Then add in the vanilla and sour cream and mix again.
Remove 1/2 cup of the batter and put it in a separate bowl.
And the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
Pour most of the plain batter over the crust.
Dollop half of the chocolate batter over the top.
Take a butter knife and gently swirl the batter together, without touching the crust.
Dollop the remaining vanilla and chocolate batter alternately, and swirl together again.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center has just set. There will still be a slight jiggle to it.
Chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours or until set before cutting and serving.
Tips for Making Low Carb Cheesecake Bars
- Always use full fat cream cheese. It’s all about quality ingredients when you’re making a Keto cheesecake recipe. Low fat cream cheese has fillers that can cause a cheesecake to very easily flop. The more fat, the creamier the cheesecake will be.
- To prevent lumpy cheesecake bars, set the cream cheese out on the counter and allow it to come completely to room temperature before mixing.
- Don’t skip the sour cream. Not only does the tanginess of sour cream balance out the flavor of cream cheese, it helps add a smoother texture.
- Refrain from over mixing the batter. When you overmix the batter, air pockets will form, which will not only make your Keto cheesecake bars look unattractive when bubbles rise to the top during baking, the added air can cause them the crack.
- Another way to prevent cracking is don’t over bake them. These low carb cheesecake bars will still have a slight jiggle to them when they are done, but the edges will be set.
- In order to get clean slices, the most important thing is to allow the cheesecake bars to cool completely. Cut them with a sharp knife and clean the knife in between cuts.
Are There Carbs in Cheesecake?
By using Swerve as the sweetener and swapping out the all-purpose flour for almond flour, you can have delicious sugar free cheesecake bars with minimal carbs. This recipe has 5 net carbs per serving. You can’t beat that for a such a decadent dessert!
Can You Eat Cheesecake on Keto?
Cheesecake bars are one dessert that is easily adaptable into a Keto friendly version. With swapping out a few ingredients, they make a great choice for a Keto dessert.
The ingredients that make the cheesecake bars so rich and creamy, like cream cheese and sour cream, are a really good source of fat for those following Keto.
Substitutions for Cheesecake Bars
- If you prefer all vanilla flavor, skip the chocolate portion of the recipe. The cooking time and other preparation steps will stay the same.
- For extra richness, add a dollop of whipped cream and shaved Lily’s chocolate right on top before serving.
- For a little mocha flavor, add Coffee Extract or instant espresso powder to the chocolate mixture.
- Serve with a few fresh raspberries or strawberries on the side for a nice little burst of flavor.
Because these vanilla and chocolate cheesecake bars are made with cream cheese, in order to keep them fresh, they’ll need to be kept in the fridge.
For leftovers, wrap the Keto cheesecake bars well and store in the freezer. To thaw, place them in the fridge for a few hours.
More Keto Dessert Bars
More Keto and Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Vanilla and Chocolate Cheesecake Bars – Keto/Low Carb/Gluten Free
For the Crust
To Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the almond flour, butter, egg, swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough in a 8 x 8 glass or ceramic baking dish lined with parchment paper and press out in an even layer.
To Make the Filling
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the swerve slowly.
- Add in the vanilla and sour cream. Remove 1/2 cup of the batter and mix with the melted chocolate. Pour most of the plain batter over the crust. Dollop half of the chocolate batter over the top. Take a butter knife and gently swirl the batter together, without touching the crust. Dollop the remaining vanilla and chocolate batter alternately, and swirl together again.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the center has just set. There will still be a slight jiggle to it.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours or until set before cutting and serving.