If you like cheesecake and are looking for a quick high fat snack to satisfy your craving for something sweet, you will love these Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
I actually wrote this recipe for my best friend, who sometimes struggles with nighttime sweets cravings. She is often challenged with not having enough healthy fats also, so this recipe helps her in both areas!
I delivered them to her at lunch yesterday and I’m happy to report she thought they were “phenomenal”!
What I really love about these Keto fat bombs is that they freeze beautifully! So you can make a batch, pop some in the freezer for later and whenever you need a small bite of something sweet, viola you have some already on hand!
A very easy to make cheesecake dessert that’s low carb and Keto friendly. Just a few simple steps and you’ll have wonderful little cheesecake bites of goodness!
Ingredients for Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Optional: Lily’s Chocolate chips (or your favorite sugar-free chocolate) plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil to melt and drizzle over the tops.
How to Make Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Add in one egg at a time and continue mixing.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients, until well combined.
The very center will still have a slight jiggle to it, do not over-bake these.
Mine took exactly 20 minutes.
For an optional topping on these low carb fat bombs, you can melt 1/4 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips (or your favorite sugar-free chocolate) with 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until melted) and stir to combine.
Drizzle the sugar free chocolate mixture over the tops of the cooled fat bombs and chill in the fridge to set.
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer.
These fat bombs are not overly sweet, so if you want them to be really sweet, feel free to add a little more Swerve.
Are There Carbs in Cream Cheese?
On Keto and most all low carb diets, carb counts matter. Cream cheese, just like nearly all cheese, has a low carb count with less than 1 gram per 1 ounce serving.
Is Cream Cheese Keto?
Cream cheese is an excellent source of healthy fat! With its 1g of net carbs it packs 7 grams of fat. For a low-carb, high-fat diet like Keto, those are excellent macros.
You want to stick with the original, plain cream cheese and avoid the flavored ones as they often times contain sugars other high carb ingredients that are not Keto friendly.
More Keto Cheesecake recipes…
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Why Eat Keto Fat Bombs?
A Ketogenic Diet consists of a high amount of fat, moderate protein and low carbs, so the bulk of our calories come from healthy fats. If we don’t consume enough healthy fat, we run the risk of following a high protein diet which is not Keto!
Some people struggle with this concept, since we’re been told for many years that fat is bad and we should eat low/no fat. Nothing could be further from the truth!
These fats can include butter, heavy cream, coconut and coconut oil, avocados and avocado oil, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, cream cheese to name a few. For a more comprehensive list of these foods, see my Keto Foods List! For different ideas on how to use them , check out 15 Ways to Add More Fats into Your Keto Diet.
Adding these healthy fats into our meals is key, but there are times when you just don’t have enough or doesn’t quite fit into a particular meal that you’re preparing. Fat bombs are perfect for times like this, where you can consume one or two and get your healthy fats in your macros! Most recipes make a fairly decent amount and most often can be frozen, so you can always have some on hand!
Another great perk to most fat bombs is they double as a sweet treat, that doesn’t kick you out of Ketosis! Who doesn’t love a bite of something sweet, without having to make an entire cake, pie or batch of cupcakes!?
More Keto Fat Bombs Recipes:
- 25 Best Keto Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Mocha Fat Bombs
- Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
- Blackberry Fat Bombs
- Toasted Coconut Fat Bombs
- Strawberry Coconut Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Fat Bombs
Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Preheat oven to350F.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to a large mixing bowl and whip it using a hand mixer (or stand mixer). Add in one egg at a time and continue mixing. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, until well combined.
- Using a mini cookie scoop or melon baller, scoop the batter (it will be loose) into the fat bomb molds and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until set. The very center will still have a slight jiggle to it, do not over-bake these. Mine took exactly 20 minutes.
- Optional: Melt 1/4 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips with 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds (or until melted) and stir to combine. Drizzle over the tops of the fat bombs and chill in the fridge to set.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer.