These delicious little cookie dough flavored fat bombs boost your healthy fats and satisfy your sweet tooth! Perfect for a low carb treat!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Let's be honest, cookie dough is just as good, if not better than the actual baked cookies! I don't think I've ever baked a batch of cookies without having at least a small bite of the dough.
I've turned those wonderful flavors into Keto fat bombs that are super easy to make! These cookie dough fat bombs have 9 grams of fat each and 1 gram of protein!
Chocolate shavings make these cookie dough fat bombs the best, easy no-bake low carb treat!
What's in Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Super fine almond flour
- Grass-fed butter
- Mascarpone cheese
- Monk fruit/allulose confectioners
- Pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Lily's Dark Chocolate bar
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
In a separate bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate.
Mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix again briefly.
Next, fold in the chocolate.
Place the cookie dough fat bombs in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until set. You'll want to keep them chilled so, store them in the fridge for a few days or keep them in the freezer.
When you're ready for one, just take it out of the freezer and into the fridge until slightly thawed.
This is not a cookie dough that you can bake. It's strictly for eating as is.
Sprinkle leftover shavings from the chopped chocolate right on top and there you have it! Perfect Keto cookie dough fat bombs!
Substitutions for Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs
- If you cannot find mascarpone cheese, you can substitute with cream cheese if you'd like.
- If you cannot find monk fruit/allulose, you can substitute with Swerve confectioners. I prefer using the monk fruit/allulose to avoid any cooling effect.
- You can change up the flavors of this Keto fat bomb recipe by easily swapping out the dark chocolate with any of your favorite sugar free chocolate flavors or you can even mix the, Butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips are great in this recipe. I personally love Lily's Salted Caramel bars! They give these fats bombs a great flavor.
What's the Difference Between Mascarpone and Cream Cheese?
The origin of these two cheeses is one of the biggest differences. Cream cheese was created in America, where Mascarpone originated in Italy.
Mascarpone has fewer carbs, is more buttery than cream cheese due to its higher milk fat content, and has a much more mild flavor. Whereas cream cheese has less milk fat, is more tart and a little more salty.
Either one of these are excellent choices for fat on Keto, but when they're used together, as in these low carb cookie dough fat bombs, the combination creates beautiful texture and flavor.
Why Eat Keto Fat Bombs?
A Ketogenic Diet consists of a high amount of fat, moderate protein and low carbs, so the bulk of our calories come from healthy fats. If we don't consume enough healthy fat, we run the risk of following a high protein diet which is not Keto.
Some people struggle with this concept, since we're been told for many years that fat is bad and we should eat low/no fat. Nothing could be further from the truth!
These fats can include butter, heavy cream, coconut and coconut oil, avocados and avocado oil, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, cream cheese to name a few. For a more comprehensive list of these foods, see my Keto Foods List! For different ideas on how to use them , check out 15 Ways to Add More Fats into Your Keto Diet.
Most fat bombs can double as a sweet treat. Who doesn't love a bite of something sweet, without having to make an entire cake, pie or batch of cupcakes!?
More Keto Fat Bombs
One the the glorious things about homemade fat bombs is the kids love them too! That means you don't have to keep sugary snacks around that will only tempt you. Fat bombs are a sweet treat that will satisfy even your non-keto family and friends.
Check out these all-time favorites:
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Mocha Fat Bombs
- Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
- Blackberry Fat Bombs
- Toasted Coconut Fat Bombs
- Strawberry Coconut Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Fat Bombs
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup monk fruit/allulose confectioners
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 ounce Lily's Dark Chocolate bar, chopped
- In a separate bowl, add all the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate) and mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix briefly. Then fold in the chocolate.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on September 9, 2018, updated on July 27, 2021 with new photos, new video and helpful tips.