Sweet strawberries and shredded coconut make one tasty Keto Fat Bomb that's perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings!
If you love the taste of coconut, you are really going to love these! Strawberries, coconut oil, coconut cream and shredded coconut are the key ingredients in these fat bombs.
A little creaminess is added with some mascarpone cheese, because it adds great texture, a mild flavor and has a high fat content.
A little extra sweetness and that beautiful pink color from fresh strawberries goes perfectly with the coconut.
Bursting with coconut and strawberry flavors, this Keto fat bomb recipe not only gives you the extra healthy fat you sometimes need, they also make great mini low carb desserts the whole family will love.
What's in Low Carb Strawberry Coconut Fat Bombs
- Organic coconut oil
- Mascarpone cheese
- Full fat unsweetened coconut cream
- Swerve confectioners
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pure coconut extract
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Strawberry Coconut Keto Fat Bombs
Refrigerate a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk over night so that the cream separates from the water and solidifies. The cream at the top is what you want. It should be thick and creamy. Once the cream has separated, measure out ½ cup and discard the water.
Add add the strawberries, Mascarpone, coconut oil and coconut cream to the food processor and blend until well combined.
Add in the Swerve, coconut and vanilla extracts and continue mixing.
Top with the shredded coconut and press down gently, so it will stick. Freeze for 30-45 minutes or until set. These Coconut fat bombs should be stored chilled.
Keep leftovers in the fridge, but for best results store them in the freezer and take them out as you want them.
Are There Carbs in Coconut?
One of the main ingredients in these Keto fats bombs is coconut. The great news is there is only 1 carb per tablespoon of unsweetened coconut.
Is Coconut Keto?
Yes! Unlike many other fruits that are high in carbs, coconuts are mostly fiber and fat. Even better, the fat found in coconuts is MCT (medium-chain-triglycerides), which promotes a feeling of fullness and has been linked to other healthy benefits. If you would like to know more about the benefits of coconuts, check out this article.
Can I Eat Strawberries on Keto?
Strawberries are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber making them a smart choice of fruit on Keto. For one whole cup of strawberries, there are 10 net grams of carbs.
They also have high levels of antioxidants and other associated health benefits. If you'd like to know more about these benefits, check out this article.
Why Eat Keto Fat Bombs?
A Ketogenic Diet consists of a high amount of fat, moderate protein and low carbs, so the bulk of our calories come from healthy fats. If we don't consume enough healthy fat, we run the risk of following a high protein diet which is not Keto.
Some people struggle with this concept, since we're been told for many years that fat is bad and we should eat low/no fat. Nothing could be further from the truth!
These fats can include butter, heavy cream, coconut and coconut oil, avocados and avocado oil, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, cream cheese to name a few. For a more comprehensive list of these foods, see my Keto Foods List! For different ideas on how to use them , check out 15 Ways to Add More Fats into Your Keto Diet.
Most fat bombs can double as a sweet treat. Who doesn't love a bite of something sweet, without having to make an entire cake, pie or batch of cupcakes!?
More Keto Fat Bombs Recipes
- 25 Best Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Mocha Fat Bombs
- Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
- Blackberry Fat Bombs
- Toasted Coconut Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Fat Bombs
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Strawberry Coconut Keto Fat Bombs
- ½ cup coconut cream (see notes below)
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Swerve confectioners , or powdered erythritol
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, finely shredded in a mini chopper
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure coconut extract
- Refrigerate a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk over night so that the cream separates from the water and solidifies. The cream at the top is what you want, should be thick and creamy. Once the cream has separated, measure out ½ cup and discard the water.
- Add add the strawberries, mascarpone, coconut oil and coconut cream to the food processor and blend until well combined. Add in the Swerve, coconut and vanilla extracts and continue mixing. Using a mini cookie scoop, scoop out the mix into silicone molds, mini muffin cups or ice cube trays.
- Top with the shredded coconut and press down gently, so it will stick. Freeze for 30-45 minutes or until set. Store leftovers in the fridge, but are best kept in the freezer.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.