If you're missing your favorite coffee shop's iced coffee, this Keto Salted Caramel Dalgona Coffee is fun to make and will satisfy those caffeine cravings.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Dalgona Coffee seems to have popped up out of no where. This new craze is taking coffee fans by storm. And the great news is, there's a Keto version!
Dalgona, or whipped coffee as it's sometimes called, is a bold and thick instant coffee mixed into a foam and served over your favorite Keto friendly milk and ice.
So what's all the fuss about? Dalgona coffee gets its name from a South Korean candy called dalgona, a sugary toffee with a sponge-like texture. In translations, the word mean, "It's Sweet," which is an appropriate name for this Keto iced coffee beverage.
What's in Keto Dalgona Coffee
- Instant coffee
- Swerve Confectioners
- Hot Water
- Salted caramel sauce
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: Heavy cream
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Dalgona Coffee
Add the instant coffee, Swerve confectioners and hot water to a mixing bowl.
Mix using a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until you have stiff peaks.
First it will be dark and very loose.
Then it will start to thicken, as the color lightens up.
It will form thick and form stiff peaks, just as you get when whipping heavy cream.
Drizzle the salted caramel sauce on the inside of a glass.
Add in the almond milk and optional (heavy cream).
Then dollop with the whipped coffee over the top.
You can also add a another drizzle of the salted caramel over the top, if you'd like.
Then stir well before drinking immediately. If you wait too long to drink it, the salted caramel could solidify and be more difficult to blend. The optional heavy cream just makes the entire drink a little more creamy, but you can omit it if you'd like.
Even though there're just a few simple ingredients to make Keto Dalgona, each ingredient serves a specific purpose.
Instant coffee or espresso powder delivers the intense flavor and the Swerve helps to stabilize the foam as you're mixing it. The hot water helps to dissolve the coffee powder to make s creamy thick texture.
Tips for Making the Best Keto Dalgona Coffee
I highly recommend using either regular instant coffee or decaf instant coffee. Decaf is great for anyone who can't have caffeine, but it's also perfect if you're wanting to make your Dalgona as a late night treat!
This sugar free iced coffee is simple enough to make, but remember to use very hot water and just the recommended amount. Too much water will prevent the coffee from getting a good foam.
You can use a hand whisk and a little elbow grease to get the coffee mixture thick, but using an electric hand mixer does a faster and better job.
Even though some recipes use liquid sweetener, a confectioners sweetener like Swerve helps stabilize the foam and gives the super fluffy foam you're looking for.
Variations for Sugar Free Dalgona Coffee
There're many ways to put your own personal spin on this Keto coffee. Have some fun and try different variations. Here are some ideas to explore:
- Switch up the milk. You can use hot or cold unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened coconut milk or you can even you a heavy cream mixed with water for the base of this drink. Personally I like to add a little heavy cream to my almond milk, it makes it more creamy and luscious.
- Add a little extract to the milk. Some great ideas for extracts would be vanilla, coconut, coffee or almond.
- If you're craving one of these Keto whipped coffees in the evening but you're afraid the caffeine will keep you awake, you can always use decaffeinated instant coffee.
More Keto Salted Caramel Recipes
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
- Salted Caramel Collagen Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Salted Caramel Cookies
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Salted Caramel Dalgona Coffee
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2-4 tablespoons Swerve confectioners, see notes
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel sauce
- 1 ½ cups ice cold unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add the instant coffee, Swerve confectioners and hot water to a mixing bowl. Mix using a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until you have stiff peaks.
- Drizzle the salted caramel sauce on the inside of a glass. Add in the almond milk and optional (heavy cream), then dollop with the whipped coffee over the top. You can also add a another drizzle of the salted caramel over the top, if you’d like.
- Then stir well before drinking. If you wait too long to drink it, the salted caramel could solidify and be more difficult to blend. The optional heavy cream just makes the entire drink a little more creamy, but you can omit it if you’d like.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Thank you for the reply! So if it is just the sweetener, coffee and water it would total zero carbs?
Keto Cooking Christian
You'd want to check each ingredient, but yes, in theory should be zero.
This is awesome, thank you! Just wondering if the carbs come from the milk and salted caramel?
Keto Cooking Christian