Homemade sugar-free salted caramel sauce makes these cheesecake bars incredibly decadent!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
If you like cheesecake, you will love these bars! I use my Easy Salted Caramel Sauce in these bars and also a healthy drizzle over the tops!
What I love about these bars, is they are a super easy Low Carb dessert that can be made in under and hour. They have such a wonderful creamy texture and amazing flavor from the salted caramel!
They are perfect for anyone who doesn’t like to make a whole cheesecake in a water bath.
My husband (who’s not on Keto) still raves about the Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce that I made last year. So I made these for him and he LOVED them! Honestly, they have such great flavor and you can’t even tell they are Low Carb!
How to Make Keto Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
1/3 cup grass-fed unsalted butter, melted
1 whole egg
1/3 cup swerve confectioners (or powdered erythritol)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Crust
To Make the Filling
Notes: I used a whole batch of my Easy Salted Caramel Sauce in this recipe. I use 1/2 cup in the cheesecake batter and the rest drizzled over the top.
If you don’t want to drizzle any over the top, be sure to use the entire recipe in the batter, otherwise they might not be sweet enough.
Using Parchment Paper
The parchment paper I used specifically for two reasons: the first is to make cleanup super easy and the second is to make it easier to pull the bars out of the baking dish. I buy it in bulk sheets from Amazon, unbleached and they come in a package with a large cardboard backing so there are no creases. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can just use a non-stick spray before adding the dough.
When I spread the dough into the baking dish, I wet my hands several times. The dough can be pretty sticky, so this makes it MUCH easier to spread. You could use a silicone spatula, but wet hands seem to work better.
The Salted Caramel Sauce
Once you add the 1/2 cup of salted caramel sauce to the batter, you will have some leftover from the batch, to drizzle over the top after they have cooled. When you’re ready to drizzle the caramel, you’ll need to reheat it first.
The best way to do this is to turn the stove on very low for just a minute or so, while whisking the whole time. Once the caramel has loosened up, you’re ready to drizzle.
If you heat it too much, it could separate. If that happens, remove the pot from the heat and whisk in a tiny splash of heavy cream. This should bring it back together nicely.
Cutting and Serving
Use a sharp clean knife when you cut the cheesecake into squares. Be sure to wipe off the knife in between cuts, so your slices will come out clean. It’s a little more work, but it’s worth the effort!
You can also use the Salted Caramel Sauce to make my Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mousse!
More Keto and Low Carb cheesecake treats…
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten-Free
FOR THE CRUST
TO MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350. Add the almond flour, butter, egg, swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough in a 8 x 8 glass or ceramic baking dish lined with parchment paper and press out in an even layer. The dough will be a little sticky, so if you wet your hands, it will make it easier to spread.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the swerve slowly.
- Add in the vanilla, 1/2 cup of the salted caramel and sour cream and mix until well combined. Pour the batter over the crust and smooth out the top using a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center has just set. There will still be a slight jiggle to it.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours or until set before cutting and serving with a drizzle of salted caramel over the top.