Looking for a sweet and satisfying healthy muffin? Try these Keto friendly muffins made with salted caramel and collagen.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
The flavor in these salted caramel muffins is absolutely incredible! They get their sweetness from both the salted caramel sauce and salted caramel collagen and together, they are just out of this world delicious.
Made with a combination of super fine almond flour and oat fiber that’s ground to a fine powder, the texture in these gluten-free muffins cannot be beat. They are light, fluffy and have a texture that’s very similar to traditional muffins.
The Salted Caramel Collagen by Perfect Keto is an added bonus in flavor, texture and health benefits. I personally use this collagen in my bulletproof coffee every morning and absolutely love it.
If you aren’t a coffee fan, you can use Perfect Keto’s collagen in your smoothies, mix it in almond or coconut milk, bake with it in many of favorite Keto recipes or simply use it in just plain water.
It’s especially delicious in this Salted Caramel Keto Muffin recipe. You just can’t imagine how amazing the flavors are in these muffins!
What’s in Salted Caramel Low Carb Muffins?
- Almond flour
- Oat fiber
- Salted Caramel Collagen
- Sour cream
- Grass-fed butter
- Heavy cream
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Salted Caramel Sauce
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Salted Caramel Gluten Free Muffins
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, butter, sour cream, Swerve confectioners , heavy cream, 1/4 cup of the salted caramel sauce and vanilla extract.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together using a hand mixer or whisk, until well combined.
Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean.
Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of salted caramel sauce over the tops.
Tips for Making Keto Collagen Muffins
- Baking with collagen will render a very delicate and pillow-like muffin. For this reason, always let your muffins cool for 20 minutes in the muffin tin before transferring them to a rack to finish cooling completely.
- To prevent gluten free muffins from having an eggy taste, allow the eggs to come to room temp before mixing with the other ingredients.
- By using a mixture of oat fiber and superfine ground almond flour, you’ll prevent homemade low carb muffins from have a grainy texture.
- To reheat them, just place them on a microwave safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel and reheat for about 10 seconds or until desired temp is reached.
About the Keto Salted Caramel Sauce
This recipes uses about half of my Salted Caramel Sauce recipe. It’s made with both brown Swerve and Swerve confectioners, so it’s completely sugar-free. 1/4 cup is used in the muffin batter and another 1/4 cup to drizzle over the tops.
You can also use it in your bulletproof coffee, serve over Keto Ice Cream, low carb Pancakes, gluten free Waffles or cheesecake. And you might even be tempted to eat it right off the spoon, it’s that good!
Is Collagen Good for Keto?
Absolutely! Because collagen is needed by our bodies for many reasons, when you’re on Keto or any type of fat loss diet, you can potentially fall short on proper amounts of collagen. Supplementing with a quality collagen product, like Perfect Keto’s, ensures your body gets what it needs to function properly.
Health Benefits of Collagen
Collagen plays a vital role in your overall health. Almost everything in your body is made up with collagen. From your hair skin and nails, to your tissues and organs, they all require collagen to perform optimally.
As we begin to age, our body begins to slow down its production of collagen. According to this article by Perfect Keto, a collagen supplement aids in the following:
- Healthy skin and nails
- Helps your muscles relax before bedtime
- Curbs sweet cravings
- Hydrates hair
- Speeds up joint recovery after a workout
- Supports digestive health
Is Oat Fiber the Same as Oat Flour? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
The Oat Fiber is really important in this recipe! I use it in so many recipes, because of the amazing texture it gives whatever I’m baking! It is hands down, the best ingredient I’ve baked with! The Oat Fiber that I use is made by Lifesource Foods, because they grind it to a very fine powder and has a mild flavor. I buy it in the 16 ounce bag, which lasts a while, because you don’t need to use much in your recipes.
Oat Fiber is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber doesn’t dissolve in water and is not broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is Keto friendly.
More Keto and Low Carb Recipes Using Oat Fiber:
- Blueberry Muffins
- Coffee Crumb Cake
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Cheddar Jalapeño “Cornbread”
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Rosemary & Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
More Keto and Gluten-Free Muffins:
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Mock Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- Cranberry Sauce and Walnut Muffins
If you’d like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you’ll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I’m offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Salted Caramel Collagen Muffins – Keto/Gluten-Free
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and Salted Caramel Collagen in a mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, butter, sour cream, Swerve confectioners , heavy cream, 1/4 cup of the salted caramel sauce and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together using a hand mixer or whisk, until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the silicone baking muffin cups with the batter and bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of salted caramel sauce over the tops.