Light and fluffy muffins studded with sweet blueberries and a hint of freshness from lemon zest!
These blueberry muffins are divine!! No, they really are pretty incredible. A hint of lemon tames the sweetness ever so slightly and adds such a freshness to them! They are soft, moist and of course, bursting with blueberry goodness. If you like blueberries, you really must make these!
If you are missing muffins since transitioning to the Keto diet, give these a try and you will not be disappointed! They are a super easy Low Carb and Gluten-Free muffin recipe!
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
1 3/4 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup Oat Fiber (see note below)
3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup swerve confectioners
2 teaspoons baking powder
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add the flour, baking powder, oat fiber and salt to a bowl and whisk together, then set aside.
In a separate bowl, add all of the wet ingredients including the Swerve and mix using a hand mixer or whisk.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined.
Gently fold in the blueberries, then scoop into silicone cupcake liners or paper liners.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
Allow to cool before serving.
Note: The Oat Fiber is really important in this recipe! I use it in so many recipes, because of the amazing texture it gives whatever I am baking! It is hands down, the best ingredient I’ve baked with and is really worth buying. I use Lifesource Foods Oat Fiber 500 because they grind it to a very fine powder and has a mild flavor. I buy it in the 16 ounce bag here. The bag lasts a while, because you don’t need to use much in your recipes.
Oat Fiber is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water and is not broken down in the digestive tract, so it’s Low Carb and Keto friendly.
These are just some of the great Keto and Low Carb recipes you can make using Oat Fiber:
Blueberry Lemon Muffins - Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 1 3/4 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup Oat Fiber see note below
- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup swerve confectioners
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add the flour, baking powder, oat fiber and salt to a bowl and whisk together, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add of the wet ingredients including the swerve, and mix using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries, then scoop into silicone cupcake liners or paper liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.