These Keto Blueberry Muffins Studded with sweet blueberries and a hint of lemon zest, are the BEST Keto muffins you'll ever try! Perfect for a delicious on the go breakfast.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Keto Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- What's in Keto Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Are There Carbs in Blueberries?
- Are Blueberries Keto?
- Tips for Almond Flour Muffins
- Substitutions for Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
- What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
- More Keto Blueberry Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Keto Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Moist and fluffy texture
- Quick and easy to make
- Great for breakfast or afternoon snack
- Healthy, gluten-free and kid friendly
These Keto blueberry muffins are ah-mazing! They're soft, moist and of course, bursting with blueberry goodness. If you like blueberries, you really should give these almond flour muffins a try! You won't be disappointed.
If you're missing muffins since transitioning to the Keto diet, these keto blueberry muffins with sour cream are super easy to make and are simply delicious!
The great thing about this healthy low carb muffin recipe is they freeze beautifully! So you can make a batch or two, and freeze the leftovers. Then, whenever you want them, just thaw and enjoy! They're great to have on hand.
If you love low carb muffin recipes as much as I do, you should also try these Snickerdoodle Muffins! They are a real treat!
What's in Keto Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Super fine almond flour
- Oat Fiber
- Fresh blueberries
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Baking powder
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, add all of the wet ingredients including the sweetener and mix using a hand mixer or whisk.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet.
Mix just until combined.
Gently fold in the blueberries, then scoop into silicone cupcake liners or paper liners.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
Allow to cool before serving.
Are There Carbs in Blueberries?
There are approximately 9 net carbs in a half a cup of blueberries. For this low carb muffins recipe, there is ¾ cup blueberries in the whole recipe.
Are Blueberries Keto?
Most all berries are perfectly fine on Keto. But, they are still a fruit and contain natural sugar. For this reason, blueberries, like all berries, should be eaten in moderation.
Not only is the carb count in blueberries acceptable on Keto, they are very nutritious. They're a good source of manganese and vitamins C and K1. You can read this article to find out much more about all the health benefits of blueberries.
There are only 3 net carbs for each blueberry muffin. Now that's what I can a lwo carb treat!
Tips for Almond Flour Muffins
- Baked goods made with almond flour tend to be delicate when they're first removed from the oven. To avoid having your low carb blueberry muffins from breaking, let them cool in the muffin tin for about 20 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- In order to keep Keto muffin recipes from having an eggy taste, make sure to always use room temp eggs before adding them to the other ingredients.
- To prevent blueberry Keto muffins from having a grainy texture, always use super fine almond flour, not almond meal or regular ground almond flour.
- To make sure you always have the freshest flour, keep your almond flour in the fridge once the package has been opened.
- To reheat these almond flour blueberry muffins, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover with a damp paper towel and reheat for about 10 seconds.
Substitutions for Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- For the purpose of this recipe, fresh blueberries were used, but you can certainly use frozen. The key to making frozen blueberries work is to add then to the batter while still frozen. This will help keep them from becoming too soggy.
- If you'd like to use another berry in this Keto muffin recipe, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries are a great choice.
- This recipe is so versatile, you can even add nuts. Finely chopped pecans and macadamia nuts compliment the other flavors in the this recipe well.
- If you like almond flavor, you can use almond extract instead of or along with the vanilla extract.
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
More Keto Blueberry Recipes
- Mixed Berry Crumble
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Crumb Loaf
- Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Blueberry Sauce
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Blueberry Muffins
- In a separate bowl, add of the wet ingredients including the sweetener, and mix using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries, then scoop into silicone cupcake liners or paper liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on June 27, 2018, updated on July 11, 2022 with new photos and helpful tips.