A mix of blackberries, blueberries and raspberries baked with a cinnamon streusel like crumble topping!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Are you ready for a sweet treat that is easy to make and oh so delicious? This crumble has a mix of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Ripe and juicy berries are topped with mixture of almond, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter, sweetened with Brown Swerve, then baked to perfection, filling your home a mouth-watering fruity and nutty aroma!
If you haven't tried Brown Swerve yet, you should! It looks, feels and tastes just like real brown sugar, but has zero carbs and zero guilt!!
The inspiration for this delectable gluten free dessert comes from my love of cobblers and fruit crumbles in my pre-Keto days!
So, when I found some really amazing blueberries at my grocery store, I just had to put them to good use.
There're so many wonderful ways to incorporate berries into healthy Keto friendly desserts or treats. With just a few substitutions, this will become a dessert the whole family will enjoy, even those not following Keto.
What's in Gluten Free Mixed Berry Crumble
- Almond Flour
- Swerve confectioners
- Brown Swerve
- Grass-fed Butter
- Xanthan Gum
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- *Optional: homemade whip cream for the top
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Berry Crumble
For the Berries
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Mix the Swerve confectioners and xanthan gum in a cup, then set aside.
Add the berries, lemon juice and zest to a large bowl.
Sprinkle the Swerve mixture over the top and toss until well coated.
Pour the mixture into a buttered glass or ceramic baking dish.
For the Gluten Free Streusel Topping
In a separate bowl, add all the crumble topping ingredients, except for the Swerve Brown and butter, and give it a good whisk, breaking up any large lumps.
Don't worry about the smaller lumps because it will all bake together and will give it that streusel like texture.
Mix in the Swerve Brown and melted butter.
Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the berries.
Bake for 30 minutes. Increase the temperature to 425F and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the crumble is crisp.
Allow to cool slightly before serving!
Tips for Making the Best Keto Berry Crisp
- Shop for berries on sale. Fruit, when not in season, can be a little pricy. Shopping for locally harvested berries at fruit stands or farmer's markets are sometimes where you'll find the best berries and they are usually less expensive then the grocery store.
- If you can't find fresh berries in season, you can use frozen. Berries that are frozen are picked at peak season so they're a great substitute. When making a Keto crumble or crisp with frozen berries, you will need to add a few additional minutes to the cooking time to allow the extra moisture to cook out.
- Because berries become juicier when they are cooked, using a thickener like the one used in this recipe, xanthan gum, will give the crumble a nice thick and glistening sauce like consistency, so don't skip that ingredient.
- Keep an eye out for the top turning too brown. You don't want to shorten the cooking time to ensure the crumble is cooked through so if the top begins to turn too brown, cover with a little aluminum foil until it finishes baking.
- Even in season berries can be a little too tart sometimes so taste them before you mix them up. Add a little more sweetener if need needed, it won't hurt a thing
Are Berries Keto?
Berries are allowed on Keto in moderation because out of most all other fruit, berries are the lowest in sugar. And they're very nutritious. There're an excellent source of antioxidants and are high in fiber. To read more about the health benefits of berries, read this article from Healthline.
What are the Carbs in Berries?
The carbs in berries vary depending on the type. Here're the most commonly used berries in Keto desserts and approximate net carbs per ½ cup serving:
- Carbs in Blueberries- 9 net g of carbs
- Carbs in Strawberries- 5 net g of carbs
- Carbs in Blackberries- 3.5 net g of carbs
- Carbs in Raspberries- 3 net g of carbs
Serve with a scoop of your favorite low carb ice cream or a nice dollop of homemade whip cream.
If you want a real treat top with this delicious Homemade Keto Coconut Ice Cream.
More Keto Berry Desserts
- Strawberry Coconut Mousse
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Cream Tart
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Sauce
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Cranberry Walnut Bars
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Keto Mixed Berry Crumble
For the Berries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix the swerve and Xanthan gum in a cup, then set aside.
- Add the berries, lemon juice and zest to a large bowl. Sprinkle the swerve mixture over the top and toss until well coated. Pour the mixture into a buttered glass or ceramic baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add all the crumble topping ingredients, except for the Swerve brown and butter, and whisk. Mix in the Swerve brown and melted butter. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Increase the temperature to 425F and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the crumble is crisp. Allow to cool slightly before serving!
- Optional: Serve with a scoop of your favorite Keto/Low Carb ice cream or a nice dollop of homemade whip cream.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.SHARE ON FACEBOOK
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the button above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.