These donuts are a rare treat, but are so much fun to make! I dip them in my favorite Lily's dark chocolate, but you can choose any Keto friendly topping you like! They can be made and eaten in under ½ hour.
What's in Chocolate Glazed Keto Donuts
- Super fine almond flour
- Oat Fiber (see note below)
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Pure vanilla extract
- Lily's Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Coconut oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Gluten Free Donuts
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined.
Smooth out the tops with your fingers dipped in water. Bake the donuts for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack, before adding dipping into the chocolate.
For the glaze, add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil to a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 10 seconds. Microwave in 10 second increments, if needed, and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
Dip each donut into the chocolate a set back on the cooling rack. These are best eaten the same day, while still warm is even better!
How to Store Leftover Low Carb Donuts
These almond flour donuts can be stored right on the counter in an air tight container for a day or two. They are best eaten as soon after cooking as possible though.
Tips for Making the Best Gluten Free Donuts
- In order to get a really soft texture, using a combination of super fine almond flour and oat fiber is key. Other flours do not seem to work as well and can render a grainy donut.
- Almond flour donuts will be quite tender when you first take them out of the oven, so let them sit for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Regardless of what type pan you use, its super important that it is greased well with non stick spray before adding the batter. This ensures they pop out without sticking.
- Almond flour donuts take a little longer to bake so watch them as they begin to slightly brown. You may have to add a couple of minutes baking time just to make sure they are done in the middle.
- You don't have to use this chocolate glaze. You can use a lemon glaze, a vanilla cream glaze or coat them in a Swerve and cinnamon mixture.
Are Donuts Keto?
Traditional donuts, made with all purpose flour, and usually loaded with sugar, are certainly not suitable for Keto or any low carb diets. But the wonderful thing about these low carb donuts is almond flour and Swerve is used as a substitution making these a great Keto friendly treat!
How Many Carbs in a Donut?
So how is this for low carb...a traditional chocolate glazed donut has approximately 35 net carbs each, but these Keto donuts only have 1 net carb each. That is an amazing low carb alternative and a tasty one too!
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
*Note: The Oat Fiber is really important in this recipe. I use it in so many recipes, because of the amazing texture it gives whatever I am baking! It is hands down, the best ingredient I've baked with and is really worth buying. I use Lifesource Foods Oat Fiber 500 and I buy it in the 16 ounce bag here. The bag lasts a while because you don't need to use much in your recipes.
Oat Fiber, is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outside husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers do not dissolve in water and are not broken down in the digestive tract.
These are just a few of recipes that I’ve made using Oat Fiber:
More Keto Recipes Using Oat Fiber
- Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Salted Caramel Collagen Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Coffee Crumb Cake
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Cheddar Jalapeño "Cornbread"
- Rosemary & Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 10 Donuts
Macros: Fat 18 grams – Protein 6 grams – Carbs (net) 1 gram
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Chocolate Glazed Donuts - Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oat fiber and salt to a bowl and whisk together, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add of the wet ingredients mix using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined.
- Add the batter to a piping bag (or ziplock bag). Pipe the batter into a silicone donut pan sprayed with nonstick spray, placed on a baking sheet. If you don't have a donut pan, you can pipe out the donuts onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. The donut pan will give you better looking, more uniform donuts. Smooth out the tops with your fingers dipped in water. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack, before adding dipping into the chocolate.
- Add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil to a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 10 seconds. Microwave in 10 second increments, if needed, and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate a set back on the cooling rack. These are best eaten the same day, while still warm is even better!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.