Enjoy all your favorite pizza flavors and toppings in this Crustless Pizza recipe that's so quick and easy to make, it's perfect for busy weeknights!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Pizza Bowl Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for a Pizza Bowl
- 🔪 How to Make Crustless Pizza
- 💡 Tips
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- How Many Carbs are in a Crustless Pizza?
- What is Keto Pizza Crust Made of?
- What Does Crustless Pizza Mean?
- Does Crustless Pizza have Carbs?
- 🍕 More Keto Pizza Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Pizza Bowl Recipe
- Low carb version of pizza minus the carbs
- Enjoy all your favorite pizza toppings
- Quick and easy to make
- Family friendly
If you're craving pizza and want to stick to your low carb or Keto diet, a crustless pizza is just the ticket! Made with an easy homemade Keto pizza sauce, all your favorite toppings and lots of gooey melted cheese, you won't even miss the crust or the carbs!
The great thing about this low carb pizza is you can really customize it to your liking. Not a fan of pepperoni or mushrooms? No problem, add the toppings that you love instead. I've even listed some creative pizza topping ideas below!
Because this crustless pizza comes together so quickly, it's makes a perfect easy Keto weeknight dinner. You can even prepare it ahead of time, then just bake it when you're ready!
🛒 Ingredients for a Pizza Bowl
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Italian sausage
- Green bell pepper
- Black olives
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Crustless Pizza
Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) to medium and add in the ground sausage.
Brown the sausage, then remove and add to a large mixing bowl.
Leaving the drippings in the pan, add in the butter and mushrooms. Also preheat your oven to 450°F.
Sauté until they are cooked through, then add in the green pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and pour them into the bowl with the cooked sausage.
Stir in the pizza sauce.
Pour the mixture back into the skillet.
Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and slices of pepperoni. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- If you already have a store bought low carb pizza sauce on hand, you can certainly use it instead.
- Be sure to use an oven safe skillet to make cleanup much easier. If you don't have one, you can cook the ingredients in the pan do you have, then transfer everything to a glass or ceramic baking dish and use it instead. Just make sure to spray it with a nonstick spray before adding in the ingredients.
- Preheating the oven is key. Since all the ingredients have already been cooked before they go into the oven, you're just looking to heat everything through and melt all that wonderful mozzarella cheese.
- If you're pressed for time, you can prepare everything in advance, cover and store it in fridge, then just bake it when you're ready to serve.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze.
🍴 What to Serve with
The perfect companion to a crustless pizza is of course, garlic rolls! Pizza and garlic rolls go together like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, and well, you get the point! You can also serve a simple salad on the side if you'd like.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Thinly sliced red onions are the perfect addition to this recipe. They are low in carbs and you don't need a ton to add great flavor.
- Swap out the pepperoni for prosciutto or pancetta for an elegant twist.
- Thinly sliced pepperoncini adds a slight kick of heat and flavor.
- Add in some cubed ham if you happen to have some on hand to add some heartiness.
- If you're not a fan of Italian sausage, you can substitute with turkey or chicken sausage or even ground beef, instead.
- Sun-dried tomatoes add a burst of tomato flavor and a nice chewiness.
How Many Carbs are in a Crustless Pizza?
This recipe has only 5 net carbs per serving, making it ideal for a Keto or low carb diet.
What is Keto Pizza Crust Made of?
What Does Crustless Pizza Mean?
Simply put, it's essentially pizza without the crust. So all your favorite pizza toppings and pizza sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked in the oven.
Does Crustless Pizza have Carbs?
Yes, but they kept to a minimum at only 5 net carbs per serving, because you are eliminating the crust, which is where the majority of carbs are in traditional pizzas.
🍕 More Keto Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Portobello Mini Pizza
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Pizza with Fathead Dough
- Pepperoni Pizza Bagels
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage, ground
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other ove safe skillet) to medium and add in the ground sausage.
- Brown the sausage, then remove and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Leaving the drippings in the pan, add in the butter and mushrooms. Also preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Sauté until they are cooked through, then add in the green pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour them into the bowl with the cooked sausage. Stir in the pizza sauce.
- Pour the mixture back into the skillet. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and slices of pepperoni.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.