Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups are a fantastic, flavorful and protein-loaded Keto breakfast that can be made in advance for those busy weekday mornings.
If you love all things jalapeño popper, then you'll simply fall in love with these savory little egg bites! They have all the same traditional flavors but are in baked egg cups ready for breakfast on the go!
But, they aren't just for breakfast! These jalapeño popper low carb egg cups work well for brunch recipes, appetizers, or a great lunch box idea for the kids.
Inspired by the egg bites you can get in a coffee house, these fresh, homemade Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups are SO much better. They are warm and cheesy and are incredibly quick and easy to make!
What’s in Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups
- Cream cheese
- Uncured bacon
- Pepper jack cheese
- Jalapeño peppers
- Smoked paprika
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups
Preheat oven to 375F.
Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, allow to cool and set aside.
In the same skillet with 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease, add in the jalapeño peppers and onions. Sauté for a few minutes, until softened slightly. Then drain, cool and combine with the bacon and shredded pepper jack cheese in a small bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the eggs, cream cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and mix using a hand mixer.
The cream cheese will not fully combine, so you will have little chunks, and that's ok! This will give you little cream cheese chunks when you bite into the egg cups.
Pour the egg mixture over the tops and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the eggs have set.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
How Long Do Bacon Egg Cups Last in the Fridge?
Breakfast egg muffins will keep for up to a week if stored chilled in the fridge. You can eat leftovers cold or reheat in them in your microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until warmed through.
How Do You Keep Egg Bites from Sticking?
Variations of Egg Cups
These Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups have my personal favorite flavor combination, but they are so versatile, you can change them up anyway you prefer.
Change up the cheese for any of your favorite, but you'll want to use one that melts well like, cheddar or mozzarella.
If you don't care for jalapeños, you can substitute bell pepper or you can leave the pepper out all together.
The bacon can be substituted with sausage or even ground beef. Make them you own and have some fun experimenting when all your favorite flavors.
Are Egg Bites Healthy?
Talk about a long list of nutrients found in eggs, check this out! Eggs contain, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin B12 and B2, vitamin A, vitamin B5, selenium, zinc, manganese, Vitamin E, Folate, and many other nutrients.
These baked egg cups are a complete meal in one and because eggs are essentially a perfect protein, that makes them ideal for those on Keto and low carb diets.
What Can I Eat with Bites?
Because these Jalapeño Popper egg bites are loaded with nutrients, they are very filling and can certainly serve as a complete meal for most, try adding some fresh berries on the side for a nice little fresh burst of flavor.
More Keto Jalapeño Recipes
Okay, I will be honest. I am slightly obsessed with the flavors of jalapeño poppers. If you are the same way, check out some of my all-time favorite recipes you are sure to love:
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Jalapeño Popper Egg Salad
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Eggs Benedict
- Blueberry Muffins
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Sausage Gravy & Biscuits
- Fluffy Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Jalapeño Popper Egg Cups
- 10 whole eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 strips uncured bacon, chopped
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded, ribs removed and minced
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, allow to cool and set aside.
- In the same skillet 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease, add in the jalapeño peppers and onions. Sauté for a few minutes, until softened slightly. Then drain, cool and combine with the bacon and shredded pepper jack cheese in a small bowl.
- Using a silicone muffin pan or muffin pan sprayed with nonstick spray, add in the bacon mixture into the muffin pan making sure it’s evenly distributed. Pour the egg mixture over the tops and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the eggs have set. Store leftovers in an airtight container for a few days or freeze.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.