These easy to make Keto Cream Cheese Cookies are pillowy soft, buttery, and melt-in-your mouth delicious. They're the perfect cookie for any occasion!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Cream Cheese Keto Cookies
- 🔪 How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Cookies with Almond Flour
- Are Cream Cheese Cookies Keto?
- How Many Net Carbs are in Cream Cheese?
- Variations and Add-Ins
- How Do I Know if These Cookies are Done?
- What Makes Cookies Puffy or Flat?
- Is Cream Cheese Good for Keto?
- More Keto Cookie Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Creamy and buttery vanilla flavor
- Perfect pillowy soft texture
- Super easy to make
- Gluten-free and family friendly
- Great for holidays or any time of the year
These buttery Keto cookies are great any time of the year, but there's just something about the holidays that makes them extra special. Cream cheese makes these cookies so moist, and they're infused with vanilla that makes them completely irresistible.
Even though this recipe uses simple low carb ingredients like almond flour, cream cheese and butter, these cookies taste just like traditional cream cheese cookies that are loaded with sugar. They're a great sugar-free treat to keep on hand, especially during the holidays when so many tempting desserts are around.
Make a soft and buttery batch of these cookies for your next cookie swap, holiday party or to give as a homemade edible gift to friends, family or neighbors.
🛒 What’s in Cream Cheese Keto Cookies
- Super fine almond flour
- Oat fiber
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Cookies with Almond Flour
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add in the egg, sweetener and vanilla extract, then continue mixing.
Tip: If you really want to amplify the vanilla flavor, you can use 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste instead of extract.
In a separate bowl, add in the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
Tip: Whisking helps fluff up the flours and also break up any lumps, making for a smoother dough.
Then pour into the cream cheese mixture.
Mix just until combined, do not over mix.
Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
Tip: Chilling the dough will make it much easier to form the cookies and will hold their shape better.
Using a cookie scoop, form a ball with the dough, then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Slightly flatten it using your hand, but don’t completely flatten them. Repeat with the remaining dough and you should get around 30 cookies in the batch.
Tip: If you don't flatten them out slightly, you run the risk of the cookies not being cooked through in the center. If you flatten them too much, they won't have that classic pillowy texture that you're looking for.
Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before topping with the (optional) powdered sweetener and serving.
Are Cream Cheese Cookies Keto?
This almond flour cream cheese cookies recipe is perfect for Keto or low carb diets. It replaces all the high-carb ingredients like four and sugar with low carb substitutes that.
How Many Net Carbs are in Cream Cheese?
There is one carb per ounce of cream cheese. When using it in recipes, make sure you divide the carbs out per serving.
Variations and Add-Ins
- Keto lemon cream cheese cookies: Add a little tang to these cookies by adding a little bit of fresh lemon zest and a touch of lemon extract to the cookie dough.
- Keto chocolate cream cheese cookies: If you want to add a hint of chocolate to these cookies, add a dusting of cocoa powder to the top of the cookies. I would not recommend adding cocoa powder directly to the dough because it will alter the wet/dry ratio.
- Keto cream cheese chocolate chip cookies: Another way to add chocolate flavor to these gluten free cookies is to add a few sugar-free chocolate chips to the dough. You won't need to add more than about ¼ cup for this recipe. Alternatively, you can just add some to the top of the cookies.
- Almond cream cheese cookies: This is a very popular and delicious variation you should try. Add a little almond extract to the dough. Then gently press a few slivered (not sliced) almonds into the top of the dough balls.
- Cinnamon sugar cream cheese cookies: You can give these cream cheese cookies a little snickerdoodle flavor by adding a pinch of ground cinnamon to the dough. Then dust the tops with a cinnamon and granulated sugar substitute mixture.
How Do I Know if These Cookies are Done?
Almond flour cream cheese cookies are delicate when they are warm, so you don't want to press on them to check for doneness. The best way to determine if they're ready to come out of the oven is to look for the edges to turn golden brown.
What Makes Cookies Puffy or Flat?
If your cookies come out too puffy, it's because you either didn't flatten them out enough, or you overworked to dough, incorporating too much air.
For cookies that come out too flat, make sure the dough is chilled. If your kitchen is warm, stick the raw pressed cookie balls back into the fridge for about 10 additional minutes before baking.
Is Cream Cheese Good for Keto?
Even though cream cheese is not completely carb-free, it is extremely low in carbs. Not only that, but it's also high in fat. Cream cheese makes an excellent, guilt-free addition to many Keto recipes.
More Keto Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Meringue Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Mocha Meringue Cookies
If you love these low carb cream cheese cookies and like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Cream Cheese Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add in the egg, sweetener and vanilla extract, then continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl, add in the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine, then pour into the cream cheese mixture. Mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour. This will make it much easier to form the cookies and will hold their shape better.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before topping with the (optional) powdered sweetener and serving.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.