These meringue cookies are like heavenly mocha clouds! They are light, airy, crunchy! They're the perfect little treat or mini dessert!
Crispy outer texture, slightly chewy inside and incredible mocha flavor create the best little light and airy treat! And the best part? They're only 1 net carb for 4 cookies!
Some recipes call for egg yolks only, like this Crème Brulee ,which can leave you with leftover egg whites. Why throw them out when you can make these delicate little meringues?
The are so addicting that you will find yourself making these time and time again!
What's in Keto Meringue Cookies
- Egg whites
- Swerve confectioners
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coffee extract
- Vanilla extract
- Cream or tartar
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Mocha Meringue Cookies
Preheat oven to 275F.
In the clean and dry bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg whites and beat until you get soft peaks. Add in the cream of tartar and mix in the swerve slowly, and continue beating until you have stiff peaks.
Add in the vanilla and coffee extracts and slowly add the unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a large clean and dry bowl and a hand mixer.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until firm. Leave in the oven for 1 hour, with the oven turned off and they will be slightly chewy on the inside. Leave in the oven for 2 hours and they will be crunchy all the way through.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-5 days, if they even last that long!!
Mocha meringue cookies are also sometimes known as egg white cookies or meringue kisses, because they are so light and dainty. Regardless of what you call them, you’re going to love the texture and crispy shell of these little low carb cookies.
Tips for Making Perfect Keto Meringue Cookies
- Cool dry days are usually recommended to make your meringue cookies. Humidity is not meringue's friend.
- The key to getting stiff peaks for the cookies is to make sure you're using fresh cream of tartar. As cream of tartar get old, it loses its ability to help stiffen the egg whites.
- You know the whites are ready when you see a slight glossy color and firm peaks when lifting your beaters.
- Fresh eggs will create the most volume, because they’re slightly acidic which helps stabilize the proteins.
- Always use glass, metal, or ceramic bowls when whipping egg whites. Plastic bowls should never be used for making meringue because most often, plastic bowls have a coating that won’t allow the whites to rise.
More Gluten Free Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Mocha Keto Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven to 275F. In the clean and dry bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg whites and beat until you get soft peaks. Add in the cream of tartar and mix in the swerve slowly, and continue beating until you have stiff peaks.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until firm. Leave in the oven for 1 hour, with the oven turned off and they will be slightly chewy on the inside. Leave in the oven for 2 hours and they will be crunchy all the way through.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-5 days, if even last that long!!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.60% OFF KETO EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.