Gooey Keto Pecan Bars are a sweet and decadent gluten free treat that'll satisfy all your pecan pie cravings! Not quite pecan pie, not quite a cookie, these Keto dessert bars just about can't get any better.
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
There's just something amazing about the flavors and texture of pecan pie. In fact, it's one of the most popular desserts on most table during the holidays.
These gluten free pecan bars are a sugar free take on pecan pie that will wow all your low carb family and friends and leave them asking for more!
A delicious caramel like filling coats the pecans creating a sticky goodness to the flakey almond flour crust. This pecan bar recipe uses Keto friendly substitutes, but trust me when I tell you, no one will ever know the difference.
Serve them with extra caramel sauce, a dollop of homemade, sugar free whipped topping for just as they are! You're simply going to fall in love with this Keto dessert recipe so much so it will be one you'll make time and time again!
What's in Keto Pecan Pie Bars
- Super fine almond flour
- Monk fruit/allulose powdered
- Brown monk fruit/allulose
- Vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- Heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Pecan Pie Bars
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Pour out the pecans onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the pecans for 7-8 minutes or until they are fragrant and slightly golden. Allow them to cool slightly, then chop roughly and leave some whole, then set aside in a mixing bowl.
To Make the Gluten Free Crust
While the pecans are toasting, add the crust ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend until well combined. Then remove and pour into a 9 X 9 baking dish lined the parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden.
To Make the Sugar Free Topping
Add the butter and both sweeteners to a saucepan on medium low heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add in the heavy cream and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Pour the mixture over the pecans in the bowl and toss to coat.
Then pour over the top of the crust an even layer and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
Then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until fully set, before cutting into bars.
Can I Freeze Pecan Pie Bars? Can I Make Pecan Bars in Advance?
Making this pecan pie bar recipe in advance and freezing them is a great way to have a Keto dessert on hand for last minute get-togethers or any time when you don't have time to prepare something,
You can freeze leftovers as well, but let's face it, these sweet treats are so amazing, there probably won't be any.
To freeze them, just wrap them individually or as a whole, place them in an air tight freezer safe container, and place them in the freezer for up to a couple of months. If you froze them as a whole, you'll want to let it thaw before slicing into bars to keep the pecans from breaking up.
Tips for the Best Keto Pecan Bars
Keto Pecan Bars are a quick and easy dessert but there are a few things you can do to ensure they come out perfect every time:
- Roasting the pecans: While roasting the pecans are a very important step, it is equally as important not over burn them. Pecans will cook quickly because they contain so much oil. Overly roasted pecans will be bitter so watch them carefully.
- Allow them to cool: Pecan pie bars made with almond flour will be more tender than traditional pecan bars because almond flour is absent of gluten. By allowing them to cool, the almond flour and the sticky caramel will set up around the pecans and make them stay together and will be easier to cut into squares.
- Combination of sweeteners: In order to get the sweetness of the gooey coating just right, you'll want to use a combination of sweeteners. The brown sugar substitute adds a depth of flavor you expect from pecan pie. Using a blend of powdered Monk Fruit and Allulose help to sweeten the bars without the cooling effect like some other sugar substitutes have.
Wholesome Yum's Besti Powdered Monk Fruit/Allulose is my absolute favorite blend to use! It has perfect texture and far exceeds anything else I've ever tried. Use code: KCC10 to save 10%.
Whether you're making these amazing little pecan pie dessert bars for the holidays or special occasion, adding them to a gift basket as a sweet treat for dessert, they will be the perfect addition to your low carb dessert recipe collection.
More Keto Dessert Bars
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Salted Caramel Bars
- Vanilla and Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Pecan Pie Bars
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
To Make the Crust
To Make the Topping
- Add the butter and both sweeteners to a saucepan on medium low heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the pecans in the bowl and toss to coat. Then pour over the top of the crust an even layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until fully set, before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.