With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up the best homemade creamy horseradish sauce for your next steak or roast beef.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Creamy horseradish sauce is a must have condiment for prime rib. But, making up a batch to enjoy with your Sunday roast beef or grilled steak has never been easier.
If you've never had horseradish before, you may be surprised to know that it's a root vegetable that is from the same family as mustard and wasabi.
The root itself is used in many Asian dishes and often times grated and added to sour cream and other ingredients to create a milder flavor for sauces.
What's in Creamy Horseradish Sauce
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How do I Make Creamy Horseradish Sauce?
Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk until everything is well combined. You can serve it right away, but I highly recommend allowing the sauce to chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours first.
Pour over your favorite cut of steak, I used NY Strip, but you can use prime rib, beef tenderloin, ribeye, you name it! If you like a stronger punch of horseradish, you can add another tablespoon to the mixture.
Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for a week to 10 days or so.
Can I Freeze Prepared Horseradish Sauce?
Technically you can freeze leftover homemade creamy horseradish sauce. It doesn't ruin when it's frozen, but the texture will change some and when it's thawed it will be hard to reincorporate the creamy texture.
With this easy to make horseradish sauce, you can mix up a batch in just minutes, so it's recommended that just make it up within a few days of when you will want to serve it.
This recipe will makes a little over 1 ½ cups of horseradish sauce with each serving size being approximately 2 tablespoons.
Is Horseradish Sauce Keto?
Prepared horseradish that you get from the store can and usually does have added sugar, so be sure and read the label. The GREAT news about this homemade horseradish sauce is really low in carbs and high in fat making it perfect for those on Keto.
Other Ways to use Homemade Creamy Horseradish Sauce
If you thought creamy horseradish sauce was just for beef, you may be interested in these tips for other low carb ways to use it.
- Add a tablespoon, or as much to your liking, to your next Creamy Mashed Cauliflower for an added spicy punch of flavor.
- Use a little smear of horseradish sauce on deli meat sandwiches made with chaffles.
- Love a little extra kick? Add a teaspoon to your deviled egg mixture. You'll love the flavor combination.
- At your next pot luck, surprise guests with a jazzed up version of this Easy Cole Slaw recipe by adding some of your homemade creamy horseradish sauce to the mix.
- If you love the flavor of horseradish sauce as much as I do, you can even add a little to you Homemade Creamy Ranch Dressing. It makes for the best zesty low carb salad dressing!
More Homemade Keto Sauces
- Keto Tartar Sauce
- Zesty Dipping Sauce
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Easy Cheese Sauce
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Pour over your favorite cut of steak, I used NY Strip, but you can use prime rib, beef tenderloin, ribeye, you name it!
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for a week to 10 days or so.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.