This easy Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken features tender, juicy slices of chicken smothered in a rich bacon mushroom sauce. It's a delicious one-skillet meal, perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Easy Creamy Mushroom Bacon Chicken
- 🔪 How to Make Creamy Mushroom Bacon Chicken
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with this Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe?
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Can I Use Chicken Thighs for This Recipe?
- Can I Make this Dish without Wine?
- How Do I Prevent the Cream Sauce from Curdling?
- Is Cooking Chicken in Bacon Grease Good?
- More Keto Chicken Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- Juicy chicken in rich, creamy bacon sauce
- Tender baby bella mushrooms
- Loads of bacon add great flavor to the sauce
- Quick and easy weeknight dinner
If you're looking for the ultimate comfort food, this recipe is it! This mouthwatering dish starts with perfectly pan-sauteed slices of juicy chicken. The flavorful sauce combines the richness of a parmesan cream sauce, the savory bacon, and the tender, earthy mushrooms.
Simple yet elegant, this hearty recipe is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a comforting meal, the whole family will enjoy this creamy chicken recipe never disappoints.
With its creamy texture and irresistible flavors, this creamy chicken bacon mushroom recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen.
🛒 What’s in Easy Creamy Mushroom Bacon Chicken
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Yellow onion
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- White wine
- Smoked paprika
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Creamy Mushroom Bacon Chicken
Add the chopped bacon to a skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp.
Remove the bacon and allow it to drain on paper towels. Reserve half the bacon grease to use later, leaving half in the skillet.
Tip: The bacon grease will give this dish amazing flavor!
Add the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
Sauté for a few minutes on each side, until the chicken is almost cooked through. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
Remove the chicken and set it aside.
Add in the butter and reserved bacon grease, then pour in the mushrooms, onions, remaining salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until they start to caramelize.
Tip: Don't rush this step. Getting some decent color on both the mushrooms and onions will deepen the flavor. Trust me, it will make a huge difference in the overall dish.
Push them aside and add in the garlic, then continue sautéing for another 10 seconds, making sure not to brown it.
Tip: Keep a close eye on the garlic; you do not want to brown it, otherwise it will become bitter and ruin your dish!
Deglaze the pan with the white wine (or chicken broth), scraping up the brown bits of flavor. Allow some of the wine to evaporate, then pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
Simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then add chicken and bacon back in. Simmer for another 5 minutes, then add in the parsley and serve.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Fridge: Allow any leftover Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it within 2 hours of cooking. It should stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3–4 days.
Freezing: If you want to freeze the leftovers, you will need to do so by the next day. Store in an airtight freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag. Make sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Label the container with the date. It can be frozen for up to 2–3 months.
Thawing and reheating: If frozen, allow all the chicken to thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat over low in a skillet making sure to stir it occasionally. You may need to add a splash of chicken broth or some extra cream to loosen up the sauce.
🍴 What to Serve with this Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe?
The great thing about this recipe is that the flavors are hearty enough, you only need a simple side to go with it. Here are some top low-carb choices to consider:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Cajun spice: Season the chicken with Cajun spice mix for a spicy kick.
- Different mushrooms: Use a mix of different mushroom varieties, such as shiitake, oyster, and cremini. A medley adds more flavors and textures.
- Spinach and artichoke: Add a handful of fresh spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to the cream sauce.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Stir in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a burst of sweet chewiness.
- Asparagus tips Pan-sear some asparagus tips in the bacon grease and add them to the sauce. It's a wonderful veggie addition.
- Cherry tomatoes: Halved cherry tomatoes add a burst of freshness and acidity to balance the richness of the dish. Keep in mind that they are juicy, so don't add more than a few.
- Roasted red peppers: Sliced roasted red peppers add a sweet, smoky flavor to the chicken dish.
- Fresh Herbs: Feel free to add fresh herbs. Thyme, rosemary, or tarragon are great choices.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs for This Recipe?
You sure can. Chicken thighs are fattier and more forgiving when it comes to cooking time. Sauté the thighs for a few minutes on each side until they're browned and almost cooked through, just like you would with chicken breasts.
To be sure the chicken thighs are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Can I Make this Dish without Wine?
Absolutely, you can replace the white wine with the same amount of chicken broth.
How Do I Prevent the Cream Sauce from Curdling?
To prevent curdling, simmer on low to medium heat when you add the cream. Whisk it continuously until the sauce ingredients are well combined. Avoid boiling the sauce because this is usually the cause of curdling.
Is Cooking Chicken in Bacon Grease Good?
I love to cook with bacon grease when I can. It's loaded with smoky, savory, and salty flavors. The grease is a great way to easily add incredible flavor to chicken, fish, and veggies.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 8 slices uncured bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup white wine, I use Pinot Grigio
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the chopped bacon to a skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and allow to drain on paper towels. Reserve half the bacon grease to use later, leaving half in the skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet, sprinkle with half the salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Sauté for a few minutes on each side, until the chicken is almost cooked through. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside. Add in the butter and reserved bacon grease, then pour in the mushrooms, onions, remaining salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until they start to caramelize. Push them aside and add in the garlic, then continue sautéing for another 10 seconds, making sure not to brown it.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine (or chicken broth), scraping up the brown bits of flavor. Allow some of the wine to evaporate, then pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then add chicken and bacon back in. Simmer for another 5 minutes, then add in the parsley and serve.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.